Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I've decided I'm going to pick it up this week. The turn-based combat doesn't bother me too much, in fact, I'm a big fan of the FF series, and hopefully this will be even better.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I picked it up earlier today and so far it ROCKS. I totally feel immersed in a true star wars universe. It's great.

Thumbs up

I just got today and have been playing for the last few hours or so...

I think it's great so far!! This is my 1st role playing video game, so I didn't know what to expect and don't really know any games to compare it to. It's very easy to pick up and play, and get's you involved right away. Great graphics, and pretty good voice overs. Better than most video games I've played.

I'm gonna play my 1st game as a good guy & try to become a Jedi, and my second as a Dark Jedi.

What fun

I got it too, spent a couple of hours with it last night. The gameplay is pretty intuitive and easy to learn, the story line seems very promising, and the graphics are beautiful. The combat is a little different, but once you get used to it, is pretty cool too. It's not quite your typical turn-based system (like the Final Fantasy series), and you don't get to actually control each swing of your sword (or lightsaber) or shot from your blaster. Once you enter into combat, your character continues to perform whatever attack command you gave when the battle started. You can "stack" commands, so you can attack differently in future rounds, but that's about all there is to it.

Overall, I've been very pleased so far.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The voice acting is fantabulous. Probably the best I've ever seen..err... heard?

Got mine last night and messed with it for about an hour. I didn't get much playing time in though beacause I got pretty into the character creation part of it. I really had a tough time making up my mind the way I wanted to play and what character class I would be a part of the first time through. I decided on a soldier and named him Joryn Khan. I'll try to become a Jedi even though I originally had planned on following the path of the darkside first.

Overall the graphics look great and I like the fact that you can assemble a party to travel with you but the real-time not quite turned base combat system will take some getting used to. The voice acting is excellent and the sound effects and music are pure Star Wars.

Looks like I'm going to be busy this weekend.

jpak001, Trip J, and Boba Rhett what character class and name did you go with if you don't mind me asking?
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I'm an LucasArts junky, I always Use Boba Rhett in theier games I'm a Soldier as well.

what's the motivation behind the "turn" based system of combat in RPG's played on a video game? i could understand having a this system in a card game or something, but isn't the whole point of a video game to allow the player to controll the action?

if the game fights for you, why dosen't it do everything else as well?

Heh, lot's-o-fun!

I decided on making a scout (took me forever to divy up his skill points too). Name: Jonek See'pak (pretty lame, eh?). It's pretty cool, I've already gained some light side points.

I like how your characters facial expression changes based on the dialogue you chose, neat-o! Like, if you chose to say something nice, he has a pleasant look on his face, if you say something mean, he looks kinda mad.

Derek, I had the same questions about role playing vids until I got this game. It is kinda like a board game, or card game in that you select an action, except the x-box rolls the dice for you (so to speak). The cool thing is you can "stack" commands (like others have said here) and watch what happens. You actually walk the character around from place to place (there is even a rapid transit system to take you back to your hideout when you need to go), then when you encounter people, doors, boxes, etc..., you get to chose what action he/she takes.

I would say it's kinda like a hybrid interactive movie/video game. It's kindof a refreshing change from the button mashers I usually play!

I rented this friday, mainly beacuse of the fear of the combat system. But the turn based combat works, especially when you others in your party. That way it's pretty much real time. I'll be buying this once I have to return the rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Rhett
    I picked it up earlier today and so far it ROCKS. I totally feel immersed in a true star wars universe. It's great.
    That's the best part- you get the true feeling of being in the Star Wars universe. The dialogue and voice action are great so far. I can't wait to get deeper into it.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.