Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Knights of the Old Republic

When will Knights of the Old Republic be released for XBox?
    I'm sure this has been covered, but I was unable to find the thread.

Thanks.
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

May 03 is the new scheduled release date. It was supposed to come out this month but was again delayed. It does suck that this title keeps getting pushed back but I'd rather see them take their time and get this one right.

Other than Halo and Splinter Cell this is the reason why I purchased my X-BOX so I can't wait.

I agree, I'd rather they take their time to make a polished masterpiece than rush out an unfinished, buggy product.

There's a poster on the wall in my math class, a quote by someone (not sure who, ): "People will forget how quickly you did a thing but they will remember how well you did it."

I'm sure that holds true here as well.

Wow, I had to dig DEEP to find this one. Is nobody here excited about the release of KotOR coming out this week?

I originally was going to hold out for the PC version this fall, but after reading a number of reviews and seeing all of the screen shots and TV ads, now I think I am going to break down and buy an Xbox.

Let's see, 1st it was the PS2.

Then came Zelda and I had to get a Gamecube (which is really a great little system I might add).

Now, this...

Anyway, is there anyone else excited about this? Or is everyone too busy playing Galaxies?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I was, but I'm not sure anymore. It seems more like a roll playing game than anything else. Which would be fine had I been able to control the swing of the saber and such. I'm not sure if you can, but it doesn't seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CooLJoE
    I was, but I'm not sure anymore. It seems more like a roll playing game than anything else. Which would be fine had I been able to control the swing of the saber and such. I'm not sure if you can, but it doesn't seem like it.

i think the player has the choice of either controlling the action, or allowing the computer to make your moves like in a RPG........so it's both, an action game or an RPG.

IGN gave it a review here:

IGN Review of KotOR

And I think Derek is right, it seems to me that you have can play the game either way.

Either way is fine with me, I'm pretty sure I'll get it.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think I might have to get this one this week.

Was gonna wait the eventual mark-down, but after the reviews & screenshots I might have changed my mind!

I will get it, but probably later. I am a little too involved in Galaxies right now to play it.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I'm gonna pass. I read the part about how combat works and its turn-based. So yes, its the RPG method of doing things and you can't switch to any other way. Its like Final Fantasy's way of doing things except you can que multiple moves ahead of time.