Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Down with action features

It appears Hasbro has heard our whines. They are apearantly getting rid of all the action features. Yeah!!!

So, for those (you know who you are) who thought voicing your opinion and being persistant and honest wouldn't do a thing and that you should just accept things the way they are whether you like it or not. This is for you.

well it says that it "will be the last wave for 2003 with action features", so maybe they just mean for 2003 and not overall, but hopefully they will get rid of them
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Hmmm, The wording can be somewhat deceptive but I think it is still stating they are done with them.

I'm glad Hasbro is dropping the action features. Finally we'll get some great figures again!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    I'm glad Hasbro is dropping the action features. Finally we'll get some great figures again!
    Exactly.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

I'm happy for you guys. I never had that much of a problem with the features myself. Except for the ones that didn't really work. But it's good to hear that I won't have to read so many complaints now.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Finally some good news.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

And there was much rejoycing....horay!!!
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Actually I don't think they really cared about our complaints, but rather this means they won't have to pay for those parts and worry about engineering the figures, so that takes steps out of the making process which means more $$$ for them.

Plus they'll likely start using them again for Episode III figures.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Actually I don't think they really cared about our complaints, but rather this means they won't have to pay for those parts and worry about engineering the figures, so that takes steps out of the making process which means more $$$ for them.

Plus they'll likely start using them again for Episode III figures.
    Damn LTBasker, your even complaining about the removal of action features. Be happy they are gone, for you and everyone else that hated them. Start thinking positive, atleast a little bit. A small gimmick not being on a figure, isn't going to net Hasbro any huge windfalls.

Like I said before, with figures taking 10-12 months to go from designed to production, Hasbro wouldn't have known at the time how badly many fans would have reacted to the features at the time designs started for these figures. So I said that Hasbro would likely phase out the action features, but it would probably be midway thru 2003 before it happened.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.