I need some help on my chess set figures.

I have the Darth Vader and interrogation droid. I want to use him as the queen for my ANH chess set. His cape wont stay on his shoulders, it keeps wanting to hang off his back--it looks weird (do you know what I mean?) Anyhow, I want to know what I can do to make his cape stay. I'm afraid if I use thread, it would just rip the cape. What can i do?

I also have the Cloud City Chewbacca with 3PO for a Bishop. How can I hold the bag over his shoulder without it falling off?
    Fishing string? That would probably work.

The problem is, when these guys are used in a chess match, they will be moved around quite a bit. I'm extremely hesitant about using glue and whatnot, but perhaps because I am using these for a chess set, I should.

What are your thoughts?
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

I don't know what to do about the vader
    but for the Chewbacca, did you use the net that came with him (so not the removable limbs C-3PO)? because there's a string that you can pull out and put accross his body (like in the movie I think), it is kinda small but you have to try a bit around (it worked on mine)
    and about glueing the figs, do you mean glue to an actionstand? if yes, you have to decide if you want the chessset permanent or if you want the figs "back" in a couple of years
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

For vader I suppose I'll make my own cape from a new material... I don't wanna glue it.

I didn't buy 3Po w/ removable limbs yet.. I'm thinking I should.
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

you can pull the string out of the net of the Saga chewie (that was what I meant)
    but if you can get the remov. limbs 3PO for a good price I'd pick him up, unfortunetly I'm still looking for one to add to my collection
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP