Hip, hip, Acklay!!!

Well, shut me down!!! Just wandered in to The Entertainer in Romford's Brewery Centre and saw that they'd moved all the saga figures to the aisle-end opposite the door. There was nothing new in the selection so I thought I'd wander round the aisle and see how small the main section was these days.

Well, it's 2/3s smaller, no change in stock, and smack in the middle, all alone, was a single Acklay! For a tenner!! Apparently reduced from 15, but as I've never seen one on the shelf in the six months they've been open I am a little dubious!

He's a nightmare though! I cannot get him to stand up in anything like the pose on the box, or any from the films. He kind of slumps instead. Imagine him in the same position you end up in at closing time.... Very nice looking toy though, although the 'guts' are really icky. And for only a tenner (as opposed to the 30 BIN offers on Ebay) you can't really argue.

So get to your Entertainer, or check the website and see if they're cropping up elsewhere!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Nice one! I only saw the Acklay the once - and I'm pretty sure it cost me more than 10! Never been to or seen The Entertainer - will have to look them up on the Web.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Don't know where you are in London. But the ones I know are Romford, Ilford and Lakeside (Bluewater branch shutdown)
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Thanks for the info!

I'm north central London (Finchley N12) but I've never been to any of those places. I've had a look at their website (thetoyshop.com) and a lot of their shops all seem to be based in out-of-town shopping centres, which I seldom get to visit as I don't have a car.
    Even a trip- to Toys'R'Us involves a tube- or bus-ride to Brent Cross, followed by a dash across two busy roads and through a hole in their fence!

I've been meaning to make it as far as Lakeside for years, but never got round to it. Maybe one day...
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.