Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will INTERACTIVE AUTOMATION make more DROIDS?

Hey All,
    You may remember me as probably the biggest fan of the Interactive R2-D2 by Interactive Automation (See thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...e&pagenumber=1 ). I LOVE my R2 units, and I wondering if there was any scoop out there or some tid bit of rumour information that someone had....

Does anyone know if Interactive Automation considered the R2 release a success? And had or have they planned to release any other interactive droids, astromechs, or even non-SW-related interactive devices? So far all I know is the only product they've ever made was the R2 unit. I'd love to see some other Astromechs with different colour schemes, different accessories, dome designs, and different behaviours and personalities, and maybe design some R2 units that can talk and interact with each other.

Any scoops or predictions?

-RL
    Are You An Angel?

I doubt that they will make any more droids from Star Wars since Artoo is pretty much THE droid from Star Wars. I don't think that there would really be a market for anything beyond Artoo... sad to say (for the droid enthusiasts).

Honestly... most of the units on the shelves have been marked down, so I don't know how much of a sales success it was versus a technological success.

Long live Interactive Artoo!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

There was a rumor that they may re-release the current version with new features. Let me see if I can dig up where I had read that.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

well... that would be understandable, but that's still not "other" droids.

They could slap a fake goatee on it, and it could be "Mirror, Mirror R2-D2".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

First off, it's Industrial Automaton. I used to think it was Industrial Automation, but upon closer inspection, there's no "i". And I don't think it's a real compay, but in the Star Wars universe, they're the ones who make the astro droids. Hasbro makes these on Earth under the name.

Why would they re-do it??? Hopefully they'll make an upgrade kit to make it less boring.

I wish they would mark them down in my neck of the woods. I cant drop 100 bucks on an R2 unit. Once I find them for 60 Im sure Ill break down. I have yet to see one actually working though, none have ever been on display for me to toy with..

as for other droids.. it would be cool.
    maybe a R2D5 with a bad ( exploding ) motivator.
    I think a Gonk that just walks back and forth might be kinda cool.. just yelling GONK every 5 to 10 minutes..
    They need to make them to scale. THAT would be cool.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

That would be "R5-D4" with exploding motivator, actually...

Yeah, it was a cool looking robot, but I found it very frustrating to play with.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I think mine is great, but it would take one heck of an upgrade (e.g. install a vacuum cleaner) for me to buy another one. I really don't see them putting another one out. I agree with Quite-long dong that it can be frustrating to play with. Background noise seems to really confuse it.