Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Well, it sounded cool. But if we've only got three books left it looks like its not gonna happen. Unless they do a Tales of the New Jedi Order anthology. Or maybe Stackpole could kick it with a continuation of the Rogue Squadron books.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

February 3, y'all. Three short weeks from today, and the master returns!!

The inside cover for Ruins of Dantooine also has a little ad for it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I made a seperate thread not tknowing this one was around, but Zahn will be doing a book tour. I read about it on TFN, and, unfortunately, I don't have a link but they do. He will be making 2 appearances in the DC area (the closest to me, in the Philly area).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Fifty pages in. (I was cheap and ordered it online again, so it just arrived.) So far, so good.

The Chiss aren't quite what I expected, having seen more of Thrawn's group in the past. I've got to double-check now: in the end of the NJO, do Luke and company search through the archives of the "mainline" Chiss or Thrawn's "Empire of the Hand" Chiss? (The second seems more likely, since Thrawn was responsible for mapping the Unknown Regions for a couple of decades.)

Some pretty major spoiler info regarding a question about the OT that popped up immediately after AOTC and has been debated nonstop since:
    (Highlight to read)
    Stormtroopers are definitely clones.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Keep your eyes open for mention of the 501st. It's dedicated to a little costuming club that I'm proud to be a part of. We have had members at almost each of his book signings!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Yeah, I caught that early on, but didn't want to spoil the fun for anyone else who might giggle (like I did) at that mention.

I'm not a member of the 501st (the costume club or Vader's elite Stormtrooper squad), but I am constantly in awe of the great jobs y'all do!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Zahn's Survivor's Quest

I realized I'd finished this book over a week ago, and hadn't commented on it.

Two words:
    Eh.

That's how dull it was; bad math is better. I guess Zahn has fallen victim to the greatest of blunders: starting a land war in Asia. No, no, no. He fell victim to his own success. One of SW's best writers would have to keep up the high quality for a long time to remain a best writer. This one was just dull, sorry to say. I won't pull spoilers, but let's say that this was yet another case of "this book could have been included in the continuity or not, and there'd have been little difference." Jedi fight; they win. Aliens fight; they usually lose. We get some info from the prequel era; we're left wondering how other info was found out. And at the end, very little is different than before, except the "now we know (which we the readers really don't) more about ourselves and where the future leads" aspect. The phrase New Jedi Order is mentioned (in capital letters; I expected the TM or circled C after), which serves as a lead-in to the NJO series.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it the dreaded 6.5 (not bad, above average, but not great either).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: Zahn's [old, non-SW] Book

I was less than thrilled with Survivor's Quest after I read it, so I was kinda down about Zahn being quite possibly the SW EU's best author. Well, while it may not be Star Wars, pick up his The Icarus Hunt. It will remind you why he is such a skilled, detail-oriented writer. Brilliant!

I am attending the Los Angeles Festival of Books this weekend, and there's a panel where he is there to talk about fables and fantasy. I'm gonna ask him all my great questions!

1) If you could be an organically-grown vegetable, which would you be?

2) Why is green?

3) If two trains are both travelling at 60 KPH, one going east and the other going north, how many woodchucks can spill milk in the forest on the other side of the pot of gold?

4) Will you sign my forehead?

5) Are you an angel?

What? What??

Re: Zahn's Next Book

I was less than thrilled with Survivor's Quest after I read it, so I was kinda down about Zahn being quite possibly the SW EU's best author.
    Hmmm, so who would be better? I mean when you compare him to the others...James Luceno, Michael Stackpole, Kevin Anderson, Troy Denning, mmm I can't even remember the others. The only one that could come close would be R. A. Salvatore. I still think Zahn is the greatest.

1) If you could be an organically-grown vegetable, which would you be?
    He would be a carrot, because they are orange. (watching out for a certain missing forum member, whose name I dare not invoke )

2) Why is green?
    Yellow and Blue!

3) If two trains are both travelling at 60 KPH, one going east and the other going north, how many woodchucks can spill milk in the forest on the other side of the pot of gold?
    Square root of 69.

4) Will you sign my forehead?
    Only if you sign his belly.

5) Are you an angel?
    That's....complicated.

May the force be with you.

Re: Zahn's Next Book

I got to see Zahn today at the Festival of Books, but I didn't get to ask him any questions. He has a pretty good wit and he's not too big on himself. Cool dude!