Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Spike from Buffy to play Young Tarkin?

Dark Horizons is reporting that someone may be very close to being cast as our favorite gaunt Imperial Officer during his early years. According to the site, James Marsters who plays Spike on TV's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is rumored for the role. I think he's an excellent choice, as he has that skull sort of face. I do think he looks very Tarkinesque.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	young tarkin.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	5351  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's a very good match. It is better than Sir Alec Guiness and Ewen McGreggor.

I am glad they are putting Tarkin in Episode 3. I don't think it is very clear how important he is in ANH.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I agree...Tarkin has a BIG role but yet so little screen time. I am satisfied with this "Spike" being Tarkin...looks similar. Can't wait to see him in EP3!!!!!!!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Works for me.... BRING ON THE NEXT MOVIE!!!!!!!!
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

Sorry I think he's just a little too young! If there is only 15-20 years between EpIII & IV, they need to find an actor in his 50's so that would justify Peter Cushings "age" in ANH be around 65-70!!! They could get away with someone in their 40's also!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

That's what make-up is for. Have you seen how well old age make-up works in movies where it's used. He's got the general facial features. He just needs aged a bit.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great choice, but isn't James about a foot taller than Peter Cushing.
    May the force be with you.

Definately an excellent choice.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I thought Ricky McC said we would not see OT characters like Tarkin, Han, and Mon Mothma in Ep3...?