Thread: Mace's gimmick

Mace's gimmick

Not sure if this has been posted already or not.

I just got the new Mace Windu figure. The thing sticking out of his back is actually a rod that extends from the lightsaber handle in his hand through the body (so it cannot be removed). The arms are made of soft rubber, so by moving and twisting the knob, his arms move as if he is swinging his sabre in all different directions. I can see the obvious play value of this for kids, but they ruined what could have been a decent Mace Figure (the head actually looks good) with a feature that for me, was cool for about a minute. After that, it makes for a very bad looking figure.

Thanks for the low down tagmac. I was wondering about that feature.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I agree. Give me a neutrally posed figure without a knob/button/lever sticking out of its back and THAT'S a classic!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I agree. Give me a neutrally posed figure without a knob/button/lever sticking out of its back and THAT'S a classic!
    Yep,I agree.Luckly Hasbro is doing away with action features.

I heard Mace's lightsaber was really fragile,so I'll probably only be picking this one up to swap heads with Arena Mace.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Unfortunately, sawing off the knob won't do much good. Trying to move the arms (which can't be done, anyway) would result in exposing the huge hole through it's chest. The soft-goods cloak and the position of the arms as they are is the only way to hide that hole.

Hasbro might as well rerelease the E1 Mace...
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I heard Mace's lightsaber was really fragile,so I'll probably only be picking this one up to swap heads with Arena Mace.
    I think it's cause even though the hilt is unremoveable from his hands, the blade was still removeable (what is the point in that..) and so it could easily break at the peg. I think Geo Mace's head would look best on that figure, I'd be in agony too if I had a huge pike sticking in my back and people were moving it all around.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"