Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can this book still be found at Wal-Mart?
    "May the force be with you, always"

It depends on the WM. The ones in my area never carried it, but it's worth checking out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Finally finished TG this week. I must be a tough Star Wars EU critic, because I was disappointed in it. Good points:
    - Thrawn as a shadowy background villian.
    - Chewbacca back to form!
    - Stormtroopers who aren't Stormgoofers.
    Poorer points:
    - Too much "let's fill in minor gaps using movie dialogue." This was good at the beginning, but it's getting out of control now.
    - Everybody knows everybody, everybody trusts everybody.
    - Battles too drawn out.
    - Shmi's journal seems too obvious a clue (data skips, eh?), and the "why didn't Luke know about this later" just reaks of continuity errors (so Planet of Twilight was a waste of time ).

I don't know. SW stories are getting weak lately, except the young adult books. NJO is ending (yippee), but that leaves a void. Never thought I'd be sad to see it go.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I got the paperback of Tat. Ghost since I'm a cheapskate, but also because often there are e-books included in book form. This one has "A Forest Apart," a Chewbacca story that's about 50-60 pgs long. Only issue I have with the tale is that they say Lumpy is 11 years old. (He's Chewie's and Malla's son) I thought he was older than that; guess not.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I thought it was Star Wars-lite. A different tone and pace compared to other SW novels out there. Compared to some of the other SW novels I'd heard, it was a nice change of pace.

I borrowed it from the library.