Anakin vs A'Sharad, A'Sharad unmasked, and more!

Wow! The new issue of Republic is not to be missed! Beneath the gorgeous cover of Anakin attempting to lop off A'Sharad's head is a treasure trove of stuff I can't believe Lucas let Dark Horse get away with!

I won't go into spoilers, but here's some of the fun:

See A'Sharad without his mask!!

What happens when Ani goes into a rage and tries to kill A'Sharad?

How will A'Sharad react to the knowledge of Anakin's Tusken massacre? (Yep, someone else finally finds out!!)

All this and intriguing information as to whether Tuskens are feral humans or aliens!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Wow! The new issue of Republic is not to be missed! Beneath the gorgeous cover of Anakin attempting to lop off A'Sharad's head is a treasure trove of stuff I can't believe Lucas let Dark Horse get away with!

I won't go into spoilers, but here's some of the fun:

See A'Sharad without his mask!!

What happens when Ani goes into a rage and tries to kill A'Sharad?

How will A'Sharad react to the knowledge of Anakin's Tusken massacre? (Yep, someone else finally finds out!!)

All this and intriguing information as to whether Tuskens are feral humans or aliens!
    Pics/Spoilers Please??

sorry...no spoilers from me but....

....I must second El Chuxter's praise for this issue. Jan Duursema's art continues to inspire & Ostrander's script is very good...this issue really has a SW feel to it that was a bit lacking in the sometimes visually/narratively confusing Jaabiim arc that just finished.
    One of Anakin's concluding remarks in this story is REALLY great...especially considering where he's headed.
    Add to that a fun cameo from another surviving jedi from the battle of Geonosis and this issue's a keeper!
    It also works as a stand-alone issue despite it being part of the continuing story...I'd like to see more of these and judging from what DH has up on the site for coming attractions, we will (really stoked for the Bail Organa story coming in 61!)

Surprises abound, I really enjoyed this one, especially the ending!
    May the force be with you.

I still want to know what a Tuskin looks like under the mask.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I've not been able to track down a pic yet, but A'Sharad has a human face with ritual scars. But. . . .

Spoiler follows!

It turns out A'Sharad's mother was not a Tusken as previously thought, but a human female raised among Tuskens. Tuskens and humans are not genetically compatible.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was looking at this again last night. What's up with the Maul like tatoo's / scarring? And that scene on the last page is great. Another thing that was good was i the previous ish where Ani decided to leave the "republic loyalists" to fight their own battles.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I loved this issue. I know exactly where you guys are coming from.

This brought back the whole A'Sharad legacy that had the feel of Outlander all over again.

Man was it well done!

I also like how fate has dealt Anakin extreme hatred of the Tuskens, and in this very unique, creative, and unexpected story arc, Anakin Skywalker now has a Tusken Raider Jedi Master! (that knows one of his darkest secrets!)

Wow! That was stepping the story up.

John Ostrander and Jan Duursema seem to really "get" Star Wars. Everything they do is epic - look at the legacy of Quinlan Vos!

I know how another comic character is supposed to be in Episode 3 like Aayla Secura made it into E2 - I really hope it is A'Sharad or Quinlan.