Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How about some COSTUME replicas?

I was really hoping at some point to be able to purchase one of the Fan Club exclusive Han Solo vests, or the Luke Bespin jacket (anybody own these? Can anyone speak to the quality of these items?). Now it seems they are no longer produced, and I have missed out.
    On the other hand, they were a wee bit overpriced, and though I have never seen either in person - I am sure they were nowhere near the level of quality one would expect of such a thing.
    One thing I have always been dying to see is for a company (say...someone like Master Replicas, just for instance) to license and produce a whole line of (limited edition would be fine to help keep costs down - as long as they were still readily available) authentically styled, functional, high-quality, (and most importantly) affordable replica uniforms/costumes from the Star Wars Saga.
    How many of us would just love a shot at some professionally crafted, fully licensed replicas of Han's Hoth parka, or a pair of stylin' Han Solo slacks with the neat-O keen corellian bloodstripe down the side, or a nice, warm Jedi robe, or howzabout even the whole Jedi shebang? Granted...I know that some of that stuff is more than a bit geeky to be worn outside of Halloween (or as convention-wear, for those of us who find that kind of thing acceptable. I don't judge!), but some of it, especially when crafted as actual, quality, functional clothing could pass for normal clothes also! Some if it you could sport in normal world settings and most people would be none the wiser! I'd have no trouble at all wearing Han's Bespin jacket out on the town...and I even have a rule about not wearing t-shirts with comic characters on them to conventions! You could let your inner geek shine...and still maintain a bit of dignity. Who knows...we might even manage to start a new fashion trend, and "Star Wear" could manage to creep in on the fashion world! Okay...maybe that's going a bit far, but at the very least we would get some really cool Star Wars costumes out of the deal. Plus, Lucasfilm would have much less to fear from knock-off costume replicas.
    I, for one, would love to see, and would make an attempt to buy all of the following:

Luke's entire Bespin outfit
    Han's entire Bespin outfit
    Han's Hoth outfit
    Luke's entire Jedi outfit
    an Obi Wan Jedi outfit
    Han's entire ANH outfit
    Han's Endore trenchcoat
    a Rebel Fleet trooper outfit

...and certainly there are plenty of others that I, and a bunch of other fans would like to see. I'd even imagine that, whether people wear the entire thing as a costume, parts of them (jackets, etc.) as part of their regular wardrobe, or just collect them, there would be at least a modest market for this kind of thing.
    What do you guys think? Am I nuts?

I've seen the Bespin Luke Skywalker jacket and Han Solo vest up close, they're very cool. Good quality. Too bad they never made pants to go with the Luke Jacket.

FYI: I've heard Han's pants in 'A New Hope' were dark colored jeans with the stripe painted down the sides.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Finally....

I'm not the only one who wanted the who Bespin Luke / Han outfits. I thought I was the only one who wanted Star Wars clothing. I think that it would be cool to be able to buy entire outfits / uniforms from a reputable replica company. I would also like to see Stormtrooper / Clonetrooper / Scouttrooper / Tie Pilots / AT-AT Driver / Snowtrooper / Darth Vader costumes as well.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    FYI: I've heard Han's pants in 'A New Hope' were dark colored jeans with the stripe painted down the sides.
    Actually the stripes is a long piece of cloth with those stripes embroidered on. They are made commerically but I wouldn't know where to find them. A few years ago the company I worked for used these stripes for our uniforms. They would cut off a 7" length and give it to us to cut up and sew to our shirts. When I saw the traveling Smithsonian SW exhibit I saw that the same striping was used for the side of Solo's pants.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Darkross
    Finally....

I'm not the only one who wanted the who Bespin Luke / Han outfits. I thought I was the only one who wanted Star Wars clothing. I think that it would be cool to be able to buy entire outfits / uniforms from a reputable replica company. I would also like to see Stormtrooper / Clonetrooper / Scouttrooper / Tie Pilots / AT-AT Driver / Snowtrooper / Darth Vader costumes as well.
    If LucasArts spent less time shutting down fans making/selling SW uniforms and producing quality versions themselves we'd all be a lot happier. I realize that they want to stop others from profiting on the SW franchise but if they don't produce uniforms/costumes they don't give us much choice.

Personally I would love to have an Imperial armor display: Stormtrooper, Tie Fighter Pilot and ATAT Driver.

trrper armor

anyboy know where i can get somedecent trooper armor in the uk or canada??????

Re: trrper armor

Originally posted by HARDY
    anyboy know where i can get somedecent trooper armor in the uk or canada??????
    Try Ebay- that's where I got mine!!!!
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

here is a link from the most hated site at Sir Steves.. I thought it was pretty cool though.. take a looksee!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2&category=154
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Wow, that looks great. I'm by no means a big enough fan of the Gamorean Guard to spend $8,000 but it still would make a nice addition to any collection.

Here's another cool site (I hope I don't regret putting it up on here. I'd really hate to see them shut down, but it's too cool not to share!). This guy has pretty decent prices for some really high quality stuff! I've seen him auction a lot of his stuff on Ebay before. Anyone remember the Boba Fett Windbreaker? This is kind of along the lines of what I'm wishing for - only more official, and more affordable (who am I kidding though, if we did get this stuff from an official source the prices would probably be even higher, and the quality would probably be questionable. ).

Custom Star Wars costumes