Thread: Mame32 Roms?

Mame32 Roms?

Any one else getting into the MAME32 Rom bit?

If so, got any good links?

I've got a few, but I'm looking to finish off my list of "wants" games and I'm having trouble on a few...

So if you know of a good site, let me know, or we'll check notes

Thanks.

Mame32 roms are not abandonware. These roms are illegal to distribute and posess. I'm not sure where you are but almost every country on the face of the earth has laws prohibiting the illegal distribution of copyrighted software such as this.

A legal way of obtaining particular rom files is check and see if the particular arcade games' copyright-owner has the ROMs available.

Here are three MAME roms which have been made free by the owners of their rights.

Gridlee

PolyPlay

Robby

thank you for the disclaimer...and I would say I own at least 80% of the games I'm looking for...for the record. I own a version of them on the PC or nintendo. So we get into a grey area with that, and I consider these items to be original roms of the games.

My turn for a soap box stance:

If that's the case, there are a lot of "illegal" sites selling these so called roms, and I'm positive they aren't the original maker. Plus, to me, it is justified when I bought the same game and rights to play them at home, for example double dragon, for the PC and Nintendo, and pumped countless quarters into an arcade game in my youth where I could probably just have bought the bloody machine with the amount of quarters I pumped into the game. If I so choose to added a few others to my list, so be it. I think all my b-day parties and friday nights spent in the arcades have well paid for a once in a while, personal, trip down memory lane, and as a means to kill a few hours.

Not to be forgotten is the fact that these are games they no long push in arcades...Donkey Kong, Q*Bert, Zaxxon...I could carry on, but I won't. I feel I am doing THEM a service by keeping their memory alive, since the youth of today would only look at me odd if I mentioned the word Pole Position or Super Harrier...hell they should be paying me for some of the crappy games they pushed and giving me royalities for wearing atari t-shirts as a kid, having my b-day at various arcades, and scribbling the names of games on my old grade school notebooks. I was the best walking billboard they could hope for - a free advertiser!!!

So until they shut down KaZaa, Silence Napster, and make all the arcade classics available for the PC, I will, and shall, continue my hunt for old dusty relics that most have forgotten about.

Viva MAME GAMES!!!!

It's perfectly legal if you own the game but I don't see how it magically makes it ok for you to get the others just because you spent a lot playing them. Blowing a few rolls of quarters doesn't make a game free after all.

I only thought to bring this all up because sites can get into trouble for having that type of content even if it's just on there forums. Forgive me for not wanting sirsteve to get into trouble. If I could look at the forum rules I'm sure there's something in there about this. You do whatever the hell you want just don't get this site into trouble.
    Last edited by Boba Rhett; 03-07-2003 at 05:54 PM.

Well if I am breaking the rules...and if I am, sorry mods...just shut this thread down.

And there's no reason why people can't pm me with leads or helpful ideas...

Besides if you want to talk copy right...I'm sure a lot of the avitars, and other things in this forum fall into the same catagory...Don't you need Lucasart's or GL approval to use various star wars images...especially ones from movies????

Just a question...

I don't want a MAME at all....really want to find a nice Donkey Kong arcade.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!