Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

12" Battle Droid!!!

My local comic book store is having a moving sale, so I decided to go down and pick up some cheap SW figs. As I was there, I found a 12" Battle droid, which I have been drooling over forever. For some reason, when a lot of the cool EPI toys were being released (like the 12" and 3 3/4" Pit Droids), I musta been sleeping or something. Well, i picked him up for 50% off (and a Mace and Luke Tatooine 3 3/4" fig) and went on my merry way home. The Battle Droid is such a cool fig. He is currently sitting on the edge of me shelf, all g'ed out, with his blaster in his lap. But, now I must be off. Max Payne for my PS2 if calling for me (play it!). Later.

yukface27@hotmail.com
    "Flanders was a zombie?"

-Homer Simpson

Dar' Argol is a good guy to trade with!!!

Hasbro makes no sense with this one IMO, it's a pretty good sculpt and has some good articulation, but they intentionally kept this figure from being able to fold up or even move the neck right, and they molded the blaster in that funky color.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree with JT one this one,but it never really bother me to much.I haven't got into collecting the 12" line.My wife got some but she was to thrilled with the line either.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Right on JediTricks! The only thing that got me about this 12" figure was the $20 shelft tag. Obi-Wan or Darth Maul were good "12 figures, there's no way I'm paying that much for that little of plastic.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I found that, even at just above room temperature, the plastic on this one is so shoddy that his legs warp.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was looking at my 12" Battle Droid the other day and decided to open it and boy its one of the coolest 12" figures I have
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I found mine at A show for $4.00. No way I was going to pay $20.00 for this one! How about that OOM-9 12" though, boy he was great totally diffrent sculpt uh wait no it wasn't just A repaint not worth $20.00 dollars either, were are the Nemodians?...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Well, I don't collect the Hasbro 12 inch figs. But this one did strike me when I first saw it. In fact, it looks like one of the better 12 inch figs Hasbro has done.

Maybe it's just because they have sooooo much trouble with the HUMAN 12 inchers.

I do collect the 6 inch (12 inch scale) figures. I really like the pit droids and the R2-A6!!! I especially like the Yoda.

As for my "other" 12 inch collection.....It's all MARMIT baby.
    May the force be with you.

i'm not at all impressed with the 12 inch battledroids. this figure should of been made out of metal and , as jeditricks said, should of been made to fold up. i got mine on clearance for about $10 and still feel like i was ripped off.

The battle droids are cheap Trade Federation-stuff, no quality. But Hasbro shouldn't have given them all the same number on their backpacks.