Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Angry US breaking international law once again

Glad to see the forums have not been so BORING lately, altough the increasing number of threads closed for little to no reason has been disturbing.

The top story on CNN.com today says the US military has moved ILLEGALLY into the DMZ between Iraq and Kuwait.
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Also according to the article, the US ordered Kuwaiti soldiers to cut vehicle-size holes in the fence as well.

Meanwhile, Bush and his cronies beg and cry and plead (and probably try to pay off) with the leaders of the rest of the world who do not support unilateral action.

I'm not understanding why the US gov't can point fingers at other countries for breaking UN law, but seem to do the same time and time again themselves.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

They get closed because people can't have a discussion without turning the thread into a political ****ing match. Just like this thread will be, once it starts up after around the first page. Hopefully if it keeps up, Sir Steve will adopt rules against political/religious threads like other forums have. Fire in the hole!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-08-2003 at 07:31 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: US breaking international law once again

Originally posted by EricRG
    Glad to see the forums have not been so BORING lately
    There's a pretty interesting discussion about the upcoming Clone Wars cartoon in another section. There's also an interesting poll about what Unleashed figures we want to see. There are other forums here outside general discussion, and they haven't been boring lately. We are a Star Wars board, after all.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

If Bush is "crying, begging, and pleading", it's to get the UN to let us go in and get rid of these tyranical dictators that are pointing weapons of mass destruction in our particular direction. Instead of sitting at your PC in the comfort of your airconditioned home, eating Whoppers with cheese, drinking bottled water, and spouting anti-war bullcrap, why don't you head overseas and put a stop to all this nonsense. You wouldn't have the freedom to do all the things that you do on daily basis, like start fights on webboards, collect Star Wars toys, or even spit your anti-Bush statements all over the WWW if the US didn't go to war for petty little causes like the one we are in now. Maybe you don't understan that these are people trying to KILL US. Why? Because we have the freedoms that we do. Because we don't believe in the same GOD as them. There are men and women right now heading to war to support your right to rattle off whatever trash you want, and that makes me sad. They are willing to give up their lives for your right to belittle and degrade everything they are going over there to accomplish. You sir, in my opinion, suck.
    I hope that wasn't too BORING for you.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

the US military has moved ILLEGALLY into the DMZ between Iraq and Kuwait
    it's soothing to know the UN won't do anything though, since they are a meaningless debating society that doesen't actually enforce it's laws.

seriously though, how are we supposed to invade iraq if not thru kuwait? i can't see them going thru Iran. and anyway, us soldiers are already in the country, working with the different tribal groups. if the UN had been doing their job for the last 12 years, US marines wouldn't be moving in and getting ready to invade iraq.

and technically we don't need UN approval to invade iraq. if the president believes iraq is a threat, he is legally justified to take military action.

Instead of sitting at your PC in the comfort of your airconditioned home,
    EricRG dosen't use the AC!
    Last edited by derek; 03-08-2003 at 07:48 PM.

Wow, didn't take long for a fight to break out. SSG: The Jerry Springer edition. Sir Steve, ya may want to consider a forum rule similar to HTF's.
    4. The discussion of politics and religion on this forum, except in relation to how they are portrayed in movies is not allowed on this forum.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

HomeTheater as in, "Hi, I'd like to buy this Toshiba 50H82 and put it on my Best Buy Card." ?
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Re: Re: US breaking international law once again

Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
    We are a Star Wars board, after all.
    Oh ... wait ... this isn't the Op-Ed section of the New York Times?

Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
    HomeTheater as in, "Hi, I'd like to buy this Toshiba 50H82 and put it on my Best Buy Card." ?
    Sort of, they're one of the larger DVD/Movie/Home Theater discussion sites. And they had so much trouble with things like political and religious debates raging on their forums, that they just banned the discussions entirely.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
    You sir, in my opinion, suck.
    I hope that wasn't too BORING for you.

That was the funniest thing I have read in at least a day.....
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"