Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1

Does anyone watch Stargate SG-1?

What do you think of it?

I really enjoy the show. It kind of makes the movie's end a little dumb, seeing how Daniel comes back to Earth and his wife is captured, and eventually dies. I don't know, but if you follow the series it makes the end of the movie less of an ending, well to me anyway.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I rather liked the show's first few seasons, but the latest few have been weak. The show's starting to get tired.

I didn't like the first season, but everything after that has been good up until Daniel died and left the series. Jonas Quinn just isn't interesting enough and they seem to be taking too many liberties. However, I still watch and enjoy, though last Friday's ep had a really awful set-up - straight out of TNG.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have always found SG-1 entertaining. However, since the show has moved from Showtime to the Sci-fi channel and they have gotten rid of Daniel Jackson, the show has started a gradual decline. I kinda like Jonas Quinn, although he is no Daniel.

I think the stories have gotten weak over the past season or two. There is still an ocassional episode that reminds me of the earlier seasons of SG-1, but now it seems like they spend too much time on Earth battling the politicians rather than exploring "off world" for new alien races/technology.

I am still waiting (years after their first mention) to find out who the "Ancients" (the most superior race of beings in the universe) are.

Will we ever see an alliance (i.e., SG-1, Tokra, Azcar, Knox, etc.) join together to finally defeat the Gould or the Replacators?

I also would like to know what Anubis look like under his hooded cloak. Is Anubis the reincarnation of Apophis?

These are just a few of the plot lines I would like to see followed up in future episodes.

Overall, I still love the show and will probably continue to watch it well after they have driven the story into the ground.
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Every chance I'll get, I'll watch it.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Keith, I thought the replicators (easily my least-favorite sci-fi villains ever) were effectively defeated when SG1 stopped time on the Asgard homeworld.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the show quite a bit, especially the explanation of the gods from ancient times being aliens. Stargate: SG-1 is certainly better than its cartoon counterpart, Stargate: Infinity.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Keith, I thought the replicators (easily my least-favorite sci-fi villains ever) were effectively defeated when SG1 stopped time on the Asgard homeworld.
    Yes you are correct. Although I could swear I remember them saying that the time-warp that the replacators were caught in was only a temporary fix.

It would be nice if the replacators were permanently gone though; because, as you said, the replacators are not great sci-fi villains.

Yes, a temporary 400-year fix while the Asgard work on the problem. When that ep ended, I hoped that they'd simply let the issue drop for the rest of the series, but I kinda get the feeling they will bring them back one more time.