The Creature From The Black Lagoon

Well, Hollywood has decided that it's time to revisit a classic film, and update it for today's audience. Will it work? I don't know. Do I care? Yeah, I'm a little interested in this movie. Do you want to hear my opinion any more? Of course not, so here is the story:

Scribe Tedi Sarafian will write a remake of The Creature From the Black Lagoon for producer Gary Ross' Universal-based Larger Than Life company, says Variety. Ross' father, Arthur Ross, penned the script of the original 1954 creature feature.

The original "Creature," which featured the Gill Man terrorizing archaeologists in the Amazon while falling in love with a beautiful girl played by Julia Adams, became a camp classic.

Sarafian previously was tapped to script Warner Bros.' "Terminator 3" after James Cameron, writer and director of the first two "Terminator" pics, said he didn't want to write a third installment. Star Arnold Schwarzenegger had publicly declared he wouldn't perform in a non-Cameron story, but relented after seeing Sarafian's draft.

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...47365854,7998,
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Sounds good. I wonder if they will bother to make it in 3-D, like the original movie. There hasn't been a good 3-D movie in years. It would be a way of getting butts in the seats, in the age of the Internet when so many people download bootlegs.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Today's audiences don't want 3-D. They want to see some skin, swearing, and rappers turned actors with the lead roles. Throw in a little bling bling and shizzle my nizzle talk (spelling? I don't know), and you got yourself a horror movie.

I dunno, The Ring didn't have any of that crap and was one of the most financially successful horror films in a long time. I think Scream was the last one that was so well recieved. So Horror movies don't have to be "hip" to be good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ever since I saw Busta Rhymes in the last Halloween film, I feel that anything is game to make this movie appealing to the audiences. Shizzle my nizzle, Ja Ja Rule.

As for The Ring, yeah a horror movie sometimes come along as being good, but they aren't usually the creature/monster flicks that are doing this lately. As for Scream being the last one so well received by audiences, The Sixth Sense did well financially, too. Though I guess a person could say it isn't horror, more of a thriller. Anyway, I was mocking the movies like our recent Halloween friend, and the current remarks made by that Scooby Doo fool on the Dawn of the Dead remake. Even if P. Diddy and Ice Cube are cast to play the lead roles in this film and the creature lives in the sewers of the hood, I'll still give it one viewing before crying like a little girl.

sigh.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Some rappers aren't too bad as actors.

Ice Cube and L. L. Cool J. are pretty darn good.

Busta Rhymes isn't bad, I am still hoping they will re-make The Last Dragon with him as Sho 'Nuff.

I haven't seen 8 Mile, but Eminem seemed to impress critics in it.

Ice T. was very good on Homocide, and several movies.

I haven't seen DMX's new movie, but he was OK in Exit Wounds.

I have seen them all put in better performances than Hayden's or Natalie's in AOTC.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Some rappers aren't too bad as actors.

Ice Cube and L. L. Cool J. are pretty darn good.

Busta Rhymes isn't bad, I am still hoping they will re-make The Last Dragon with him as Sho 'Nuff.

I haven't seen 8 Mile, but Eminem seemed to impress critics in it.

Ice T. was very good on Homocide, and several movies.

I haven't seen DMX's new movie, but he was OK in Exit Wounds.

I have seen them all put in better performances than Hayden's or Natalie's in AOTC.
    Rappers aren't bad as actors as long as the character they play is themselves. C'mon when do they ever play anything besides a "streetwise black guy" who says stuff like "I'm going back to L.A." ?
    Ice T in particular plays the same character in every movie, the no-crap-taking-fed-up-with-it-all cop.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I dunno, The Ring didn't have any of that crap and was one of the most financially successful horror films in a long time. I think Scream was the last one that was so well recieved. So Horror movies don't have to be "hip" to be good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Yes, but "The Ring" was in reality full of plotholes and rode the hype of being "Truly frightening".....

I mean....couldn't they found a less hackneyed premise for the "remember to listen to your children" metaphor than that played out "creepy kid talks to the ghost" thing??

However, it was 90% better than most horror flicks.....

Putting aside the rap/actor discussion I started, here is some more news on this project:

Variety reports, "Screenwriter Tedi Sarafian has been commissioned to pen a remake of THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON for Larger Than Life productions, a film company owned by director Gary Ross (SEABISCUIT). Ross' father, Arthur, wrote the original 1954 CREATURE film.
    A remake of CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON has been in development hell for years. At one time genre director John Carpenter was considering the remake as his next project but alas, it was not to be.
    Sarafian's last job was writing the screenplay for TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES, which hits theaters on July 2."
    www.bloody-disgusting.com