Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

That is a most excellent question! I was thinking maybe it was a hoax or joke, but then I realized it wasn't April 1st.

R. Jason Coulston

Like Hasbro had that kind of design back then. That is a cheap, albeit nice, custom that has tricked even grumpy old Thrawn.

Until I see something from Hasbro saying "Yes, this is real," I won't believe and neither should any of you.

You telling me that Sansweet missed this in his books? Please.....

J

I have seen figures similar to this on dreaded eBay. At least they claim that it is a custom. Hey it's nice. . . but I doubt Kenner had any plans to do this figure, and it looks to good for a 'kit-bashed' prototype.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

BTW. . . the article does say ". . . if it is real." Give Thrawn some credit guys.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

A good friend and trusted expert in the area of vintage Star Wars collectibles and prototypes emailed Thrawn to let him know it was a custom/fake. He was asked by Thrawn to "prove it" or something to that effect.

I'll prove it right now. The figure has production dates stamped on to the back of its legs. Do we need to go into a lesson about prototypes and hardcopies from the vintage line?

R. Jason Coulston

I emailed Vince Viard. This figure looks like his work. Check it out here:

http://bobafettkitbashed.50megs.com/

Sure enough he writes me back that this is indeed his figure. It is 100% guaranteed a custom.

Cj

You telling me that Sansweet missed this in his books? Please.....
    Well, just because it's not in Sansweet's book doens't mean it's automatically a fake. There's lots and lots of stuff not in Sansweet's book. Check out http://www.toysrgus.com/ some time to see tons of stuff.

Cj

Originally posted by Jason Coulston
    I'll prove it right now. The figure has production dates stamped on to the back of its legs. Do we need to go into a lesson about prototypes and hardcopies from the vintage line?
    Kenner did have some protos and test-shots that had printed markings: http://www.toysrgus.com/images-unpro/jslot-boba.html

And as for Hasbro not confirming the existance of this stuff, that's not an accurate judge on this stuff, this wouldn't have been the first time they said something didn't exist when it did. Remeber the role-play color-change lightsaber from Ep 1 that SSG put up a while back and Hasbro still denies exists even though they used the exact same mold for the Mace Windu role-play saber that was just released.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's a fake for sure, the detail is way different from the other vintage figs, even the POTF line. The only figs from the SW christmas special was the wookie family. Stuff like this just creates rumor, and creates confusion. However the custom is nice. I wonder if I made a custom and advertised it as a prototype would anyone bag that idea. Looks like it worked for the Boba Fett
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.