Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Micro Machines to return!

SSG news of this from Hasbro's door to your eyes: http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=154

Basically, SWMMs are back, AF minifigs and Die Cast ain't but there's a sliver of hope that they might return too depending on SWMMs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

WEll we have to prove to people not to buy the af so that hasbro will look at themselves and make mini figs jus llike it says in the article

This is the best news that I've had all year.

BC3

Well if we want the AF mini-figures to return to us. BUY 10 OF EACH AND EVERY MM SET!!!! Did HASBRO shown any MM at the show?
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I am told that they only showed non-SW MMs.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Question Ahi, ahi.

This is the point jt!

I just looked at the Collector's Event Coverage (by the way a very good job, like the one SSG did for the Toy Fair ) and I am trying to interpret the slide show I found under "miscellaneous".

There is quite a big presentation about Micro Machines, but SW is never cited.
    When Hasbro talks about a big relaunch of the Micro Machines ("Tons of vehicles in 2003 and over 200 for 2004", "Cool highly detailed feature intensive playsets" ), it looks like they are talking just about "classic" MM and not SW ones ("Huge success in US", "Growing success in Europe", but we did not see any single SW MM in a couple of years).

Anyway Hasbro also states "Micro scale is HOT", I hope this means something for SW MM too.

Does SirSteve, who attended to the event, agree with me or he actually heard Hasbro talking of SW MM as well?
    Thank you for your help.

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

Wink af minifigs not back?

in that case maybe we'll get lucky and mm figs won't be back either or at least, not packed in w/the ships
    funny how during the aotc mm drought artasyl briefly yanked our cranks w/the prospect of new trek mms- and now, just as them hopes're apparently squarshed hasbin re-dangles swmms hey, i'm one of the true-believer mmshipfans keepin the faith, teases don't bother me, i don't need much to sustain me, i seen worse doubt-deserts than this :happy:
    vt

This is good news. I remember when the 3 3/4" line was on hiatus, and SW mm's were first released. They were the coolest thing.
    I bought every exclusive rebel/imperial set just to get the exclusive Nien Numb figure (or whatever the exclusive was)

The thread should start any day now, what ships from E2(i hope all) are going to see a micro-sculpt
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

JediGoofy, I only reported what SirSteve told me, he said they confirmed SW Micro Machines' return and that's what I put here. The Hasbro show missed showing some stuff so I didn't think much of the issue of no pics.

I don't dig the way Hasbro has added launchers with everything on the regular MM line though, but whatever gets MMs back on the market.

VT, this has no basis in fact (yet), but I get the feeling that the lack of the AF minifigures coupled with Hasbro's comments about their fate resting on the SWMM line's popularity indicates that the SWMM line will use micro-statues again... I can only hope they'll be limited to the playsets.

Banthaholic, I remember in '94 when the SW Fan Club magazine was raving about the MM playsets, they were THE toy for SW fans that year.

JT

YES! YES! YES! You bring us great news!!! I knew they would come to their senses. There are many new vehicles that I would like to see in Micro size. Bring on the MICRO MACHINES.

"Think Big, play small".....MICRO MACHINES

Darth Carlos