Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AF Jedi Starfighter - no fully-retracting landing gear?

Well, this looks like an ok set, and it's nice to actually have a version of this ship with the proper landing gear since the Saga version has no rear gear. But do the landing gear not retract flush into the body? Strange this is, mad Yoda would be if flying this thing through an atmosphere he had to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

From the pics I've seen so far, I couldn't tell if they could go into the body. Could it be the one on display had the landing gear down just for show? I kinda hope they do retract, we need to see more of the thing!
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

I didn't think the landing gear retracted either until I a picture of the bottom of the ship. It actually looks like it might retract fully, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

I dunno, looks like they might retract, but considering they didn't bulk up the Trooper transport just to give it retractable gear, it's doubtful, even though the JSF does look bigger than the transport.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm pleased with the photos, I've seen of the Jedi Starfighter. It would be nice if the landing gear did close flush against the ship, but. I can't complain about it. I'm really excited because this AF ships cockpit looks big enough for figures. I'm trying not to get my hopes to high, but I'm still really excited.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Isn't it a bit premature to start criticizing the landing gear? I mean, no one has actually handled it yet.

Glitch explained in another thread (sorry, search isn't working) that the prototype for the Jedi Starfighter Action Fleet toy was turned in before ILM/Lucas came up with the hyperdrive ring concept, a very late addition to the film.

I have high hopes for this one. The weathering doesn't look too extreme, no severe "battle damage" that I was expecting from intitial descriptions, but I would like a hyperdrive ring, too. Right now the only Jedi Starfighter available with a hyperdrive ring is the Fine Molds kit, and I don't have the skill or patience to tackle it.

Maybe I'm wrong, I sure hope I am, but it doesn't seem like it from the pics we put up yesterday. There's a shot of the underside of the ship where it may have cutouts but they don't seem like they could be wide enough or deep enough to get these flush with the body. I just don't want to see another AF where they simply gave up trying to get it right and let it go to market unfinished. I'll change the title of the thread though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, there looks to be some sort of metal component just above the landing gear pad, I might be wrong but I wouldn't stick that in if it wasn't used for something, if the gear didn't retract I would have thought there would be no need for metal parts. That said, I don't even know if that component is metal!

Either way, looks like another great little action fleet, dare I ask when we can expect this? I hate this waiting, before I discovered this place the first I'd know about them coming out would be news from SW.com or seeing them in the stores!

Curse you all!
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

Guys, look at the shadows and such, they do FULLY retract with the ship, and even better, the angled rods slide in so that only the foot pad is visible, thus creating fully flush gear. It looks like the front end will be a bit revealed, but no biggy. I hope it stays that way, IIRC that ship would actually big enough to fit 3-4 Obi figures in the cockpit.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"