Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Invasion of the Body Switches

So I hear we're going to be seeing an all new body on the Star Wars 12" soon. Anyone know if it's the superposable Joe body? Hopefully this 1:1 scale will mean the end of blimp heads and will issue in a new age of excellent 1/6 figures on par with the best!

By the way, anyone know if those basic Joe figures (around the $7 cost) are ok for body switching? Or are they the same as the ones already being used? I was going to pick up a couple of the Army Rangers at Target and see how they were. Anyone buy these to try? Since they were marked down, I thought I'd bite, but if they're not all that great, i won't bother. So anyone?

The basic Joes are better than the SW bodies, but still nowhere near as cool as the superjoes.

I'd say it's worth it though, you can definitely get much better poses that the big, bulky limbs of the SW bodies IMO.

So I hear we're going to be seeing an all new body on the Star Wars 12" soon
    where did you hear this?

if hasbro did use a new body, it would probably be their super-joe body. i'll believe this when i see it. i can't see hasbro spending money on R&D for an all new star wars body when the super joe is really good. they just need to loose those hinged hands.

By the way, anyone know if those basic Joe figures (around the $7 cost) are ok for body switching?
    they work great for figures whose head will fit them, ala jedi luke, han solo, old obi wan, and other figures with heads similar to these.

if you plan on putting the newer figures like episode 2 anakin or obi-wan, or mace on those bodies, some surgery is necessary.

Surgery?... Ok, the ball necks of course. How difficult are the ball necks to transplant?

Originally posted by Bent Wookie
    Surgery?... Ok, the ball necks of course. How difficult are the ball necks to transplant?
    hey now! you gotta answer my question first! where did you hear hasbro was going to use a new body for it's 12" star wars line ?
    Last edited by derek; 03-15-2003 at 09:14 AM.

I just got back from target & they had TONS of the basic Joes on clearance for $1.74. I bought six

I just used one to swap bodies with my Jedi Luke. It was just way too easy to swap the head and gloved hand (boil method). I'm very happy with the results. Gonna try the surgery with an EpII Obi next...

I've swapped out the bodies on almost all of my 12" figures using boil and pop to remove heads (and some hands) and place them on more articulated bodies. The only ones I haven't done are the electronic ones, because I haven't figured out a good way to preserve the talking mechanism.

By the way, for taller characters like Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Vader, it is best to use an articulated body by 21st Century toys, because they stand physically taller than the standard GI Joe body. The head post is more ar less the same on both figures and will easily fit into a Star Wars head.

Would somebody post a nude pic (heh) of this "superjoe" body, please? I don't know it. Does it have those hinged hands?? Any new word on wether it is going to used for SW figs?

The Dooku wave of 12" figures should have the SA Joe bodies. There is an extra swivel at the elbow for more firing poses, and an extra joint in the chest. With how the body is, you could position a figure to sit Indian-style with no problem.

As a GI Joe collector, too, (now you know where all my money goes!!) the SA bodies are great but they are hard to find. There were some carded ones (the SAW-armed Ranger with camo face) and some boxed sets (the four-set Ranger series and last year's WWII D-Day figures). But other boxed sets (the new Army tae kwon do instructor and U.S. Marshal) are not SA Joes. Read the box; it should state whether or not it's an SA body.

dooku dosen't have the super-joe body. he, along with jango fett, the imperial officer, lando, and the AT-ST driver all have what is called the "Classic Collection" body.