What do you think are the BEST and WORST modern era 3 3/4" head sculpts?

Please don't go back to vintage or POTF2 for the worst, because we all know there were some bad ones.

Best: Episode 2 Palpatine. That thing is pure plastic witchcraft. Simply the best likeness I have EVER seen in plastic. Not only did it capure his exact likeness, but also the sinister, maniacal nature of his character.

Worst: This is tough, I was going to go with any and every Qui-Gon ever made. They were never even close. He has such distinguishing features, but they failed to utilize any of them. Also, they loved to sculpt him screamig even though he was one of the most calm and composed characters in the film series.

Then I thought about that rat looking Luke X-wing. Hmmmm

Then I came to to a decision. It's not because it is a particularly BAD sculpt, but it was a VERY BAD choise of facial expressions. You all know what I'm talking about...

What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	5419  

POTF2 is part of the modern era though.

For BEST, I'm gonna say POTJ Bespin Leia, that thing is way accurate and light-years ahead of every other Leia figure before or since (the POTJ deluxe Leia would have been an exception if not for the poor paint job and materials used). Ep 2 Palpatine is really good, but the chicken pox paintjob doesn't work for me.

For WORST, boy are there a lot of choices, some of which you mentioned. Most of the Ep 2 Anakin figures have been fairly weak IMO, especially Deluxe Anakins, but I'm gonna have to go with... dang, so many choices that I'm going into overload. I'll go with Mace Screamdu there since it just looks so dang ridiculous - it may look like Sam Jackson sorta, but come ON!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mmm, best and worst, huh? let's see...

WORST:
    - Any figure with a helmet sculpted to the head, ie. 1st Luke X-Wing, Hoth Luke, Biggs etc.
    - All the older POTF2 Han's, ie. 1st Han, Bespin Han, Carbonite Han, you get the picture.
    - POTF2 1st Leia, (monkey face)
    - POTF2 1st Chewbacca
    - Saga Mace Windu (screaming), I think this is gonna be the winner
    - Saga Padme Droid Factory
    - Saga Bespin Luke
    - Luke from Trash Compactor

BEST:
    - I like MOST of the heads from POTF Commtech, and POTJ
    especially:
    - Boba 300th
    - POTJ Lando
    - POTF2 FF Vader w/ removable helmet
    - Wedge Antilles and Ten Numb, from Rebel Pilots
    - POTF2 FF Luke, all-new-likeness
    - POTJ Bespin Leia and Deluxe slave Leia
    - POTJ Sandtrooper and CTC Stormie
    - POTJ Han, Death Star Escape
    - POTJ Chewbacca Mechanic
    - Han from Trash Compactor
    - Any TIE pilot
    - MMC C-3PO
    - Flashback Yoda
    - Saga Bespin Vader
    - Ephant Mon, Amanaman, and Ellors Madak
    and countless others...

I have no idea which I like the most or hate the most though.
    (I know I shouldn't have looked in this thread)
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

(Yeah ... POTF2 is for sure modern ... though I can't say I'd pick much from there anyway.)

Hmmm ...

Best: Well obviously I like (potj) Emperor's Wrath Vader ... I mean ... you can see his skull! The other day I was thinking how much I liked (e1) Jedi Duel Darth Maul. In general the POTJ line had some nice nice stuff ... as far as Qui-Gons go, yeah I'll agree most are terrible, but the Training Gear Qui-Gon wasn't too bad (a little squished maybe.) Agree about screaming Mace ... though I think all of his head sculpts have been well done.

Worst: Oh ... how to choose? Ugly head sculpts ... the reason why I passed on buying Star Wars figures for the first few years of POTF2. I would say that I've hated just about every Obi-Wan head ever done. The Leia heads are either ugly or they go the other way and make them too cutesy. If I had to pick a recent one ... yeah, Trash Compactor Luke. I wince every time I see it and it's the reason why I passed on buying these sets. The guppy mouth might have looked good on paper, but in plastic it just looks lame.

I love removable helmet Vader from POTF2.

I think the Bespin Guard that came with the Freezing Chamber is an all around terrible figure sculpt. Head included.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by jjreason
    I think the Bespin Guard that came with the Freezing Chamber is an all around terrible figure sculpt. Head included.
    Ding ding ding! I think we have a new contender for the title!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Best - Subulba POTJ

Worst - Deluxe "Too Much Mexican Food" Ani

Hmm, how can we fit that fig's eyebrows into the "Picante Grande!" Anakin comment?

BEST: Potj Leia and han bespin

Worst: POTJ Fode and Beed...YUCKA!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!