Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Lost footage forever...Count Dooku vs Yoda

I am a little upset. I know that they had footage of Count Dooku using a blue lightsaber against Yoda. (Thus, two lightsabers). I know the footage is somewhere out there. Does anyone know where I could download this special footage? We see a peek of Dooku using the sabers in the special features part of the DVD... he kinda throws it. And I just saw (on a CCG card that I got) Count Dooku holding TWO lightsabers. Will we ever see this footage?????
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Lucas has said, time and again that you won't see scene trims in the deleted scenes, unless they are important storyline wise. The saber duels in TPM and AOTC all have small trims from them. Maul and Qui-Gon in the desert, when Maul jumps up on the ramp of the ship and they continue to fight is one of the big ones.

The 2 sabers stuff, from what I understand, turned out looking a bit silly. With Yoda being so short with his short saber, Dooku should have easily been able to beat him with two lightsabers. Plus from what I hear, it's not as great as you think. Dooku calls Anakin's other saber, fights Yoda for a bit until Yoda slices it in half.

Unless Lucas decides to release all of this stuff on a future supplement disc, they likely won't ever see the light of day. Be happy your seeing any deleted scenes. Before DVD, Lucas was against releasing anything that was cut from the films. That's why the cut ANH, ESB, and ROTJ scenes don't appear on VHS or Laserdiscs.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Talk to that Stiff D. fellow, he seems to be in pretty tight with George Lucas.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Watching the Yoda/ Dooku duel I always wondered where the "2 sabers" thing fit in. Was it right after Dooku said "This is just the beggining?"

Originally posted by mini-rock
    Watching the Yoda/ Dooku duel I always wondered where the "2 sabers" thing fit in. Was it right after Dooku said "This is just the beggining?"
    Great question! I have no idea.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

It seemed to me that would be where it would fit in since Dooku holds out his hand like he was calling an object (saber) but I guess if it were true then we'd have to wonder how he gets that pillar to fall.

Here is a good pic of that ccg card I was talking about You can see dooku holding 2 lightsabers. one red, one blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dooku.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	5553  

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Before DVD, Lucas was against releasing anything that was cut from the films. That's why the cut ANH, ESB, and ROTJ scenes don't appear on VHS or Laserdiscs.
    Ok, so why aren't we getting the original trilogy on DVD and why did TPM have scene trims reinstalled? Yeah they were cutscenes, but they only put in some trims of them in the film.

I feel sorry for Christopher Lee's fight double, I mean not only did he have to make up a fight with a CGI Yoda, but he also had to go from red with blue saber duel, red with green saber duel and then to just the single saber duel.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yea what a jipp.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Now this all makes sense now...after watching the behind the scenes footage on the EII DVD...I was wondering why Dooku was weilding two sabers when we didn't see it in the film.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"