Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

The Most sensational, inspirational, celebrational...

...Muppetational, This is what we call the Muppet Show!

Wonnnnk.

I splurged and picked up the two best of DVDs because methinks season sets are a loooong way off. Can anyone direct me to a website (or maybe just answer my questions) about how many episodes there were? For how many seasons?

The DVDs cracked me up. It was equally joyful and painful to watch Mark Hamill (and his cousin ) hamming it up. I especially liked his impersonations.

And some of the skits I had clean forgotten about, like "Veterinary Hospital" about a quack that has gone to the dogs...

Vintage funny stuff from my youth. Between these discs and the new figures coming out, I crave more episodes. Doth our Imperial DVD guru, JJB, knowest whence more DVDs are forthcoming?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

i really liked that show. animal and beaker were my favorite characters.

did you see that commercial using the judges form the muppet show? they had someone doing the voices that sounded nothing like the originals. i don't remember what they were selling, but i didn't like it.

I bought the Mark Hamill disc as well, and also found myself squirming during some parts.

I'm not looking to collect all of the discs they release, but I'm definately getting the DVDs with Alice Cooper and Rocky Balboa when they're released.

It's time to put on makeup . . . it's time to light the lights . . .

My favorite episode by far is the one with Milton Burle. His "stand up" act with the hecklers is funny EVERY time.

The Star Wars episode is painful to watch. Dredges up memories of the Christmas Special.

-- "Green smoke!"

Statler and Waldorf were the two best hecklers in the business!!!!!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

I always liked that insane flasher that threw fish boomerangs!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I always like the Swedish schef. Them poor chickens!!!

Doo doo do doo do um um BORK BORK BORK!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

There are many characters on there that were hilarious. The old men I thought were the best. Then Animal, beaker, the chef and lots others. I do not remember the SW episode though. I was really young and vaugly remember any of the guests that were on there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

WHat about the fish juggler guy?
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Re: The Most sensational, inspirational, celebrational...

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Between these discs and the new figures coming out, I crave more episodes. Doth our Imperial DVD guru, JJB, knowest whence more DVDs are forthcoming?
    Well, there are quite a few DVD's out, but the newer ones are all Time Life exclusives for a period of time and then they can be released in stores. Like the ones that are out there now.

The Muppet Show vols. 1-15

The above link takes you to the Time Life site. You can get all 15 currently available volumes for $149.96. Combine that with the 25% off code(CF25B2) and you can get the set for about $127 shipped!! That works out to around $8.46 each. An awesome deal. I'm not 100% sure that the code is current, but I believe it is.

Edit: Damn, just checked the code. It is no longer current. I'll see if I can locate a more current code for you.

Edit 2: Ok, found one that is current. Not sure how much longer it will be though. This is a good deal if you can afford it.

New 25% Off Code: 3212WEB

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-06-2003 at 06:18 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.