Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Who else got chills when..

When we first heard the Darth Vader theme after Anakin killed the Tuskins?? That REALLY hit me in the theater! I was just wondering if that hit anyone else the first time you watched it. As did seeing Lars homested, and the end, when all the troops where boarding as Palpy looked on.

Good stuff.
    "May the force be with you, always"

that scene didn't give me chills, but whan anakin told padme, "i killed them all......", that gave me chills, and showed me the potential hayden has for becoming a really good actor.

The scenes that you both describe give me goosebumps everytime I watch AOTC. It never get's old or worn out no matter how many times I see it. Anakin and the tusken raider scene, and his confession to Padme with Vader's theme give me goosebumps on my arms & neck. The Lars homestead doesn't do much for me, but form when Yoda says "Begun the Clone War has" till the end theme I have goosebumps so bad it feels like my skin is on fire.

I'd still have to say the scenes that do it for me the most are when Obi-Wan and Anakin have the arguement on the gunship right after Padme falls out with laserblast bursting all around them, and then it cut's to a shot of Yoda. And the other would be the duel between Yoda & Dooku, and the music used for that scene combined gave me goosebumps from head to toe.

My wife always makes fun of me when that happens, but what can I say...I'm a SW geek.

Originally posted by derek
    potential
    That's a mouthful. Too bad he isn't anywhere close yet.

I accidently kicked a guy in the head during the Tusken scene. I'm not sure what feeling I got after doing it, but I just stared at the screen and pretended not to see him look at me.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

yeah, i'd have to say that from the moment shmi dies to the end of the confession scene is my favorite part of the movie. it's quite powerful.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Originally posted by darthvyn
    yeah, i'd have to say that from the moment shmi dies to the end of the confession scene is my favorite part of the movie. it's quite powerful.
    Mine too!
    Hayden does such a fine job in this movie (for me it's not a matter of his potential to be a really good actor since I already think he is! :happy: ) that this has to be my favorite sequence, too.
    I like Ewan McGregor probably just as much, but it's Hayden who gets to show the emotion so I empathize with his character . . . had they gone with one of many different actors, I don't think I'd love AOTC nearly as much as I do.

I'm really glad the DVD has the extended lines in the garage scene. I liked the theatrical scene but thought it ended too abruptly. I loved the line from the novel, "I don't want to hate them" and thought the inclusion of the DVD line "I'm supposed to be better than this" really added to his remorse.

Now I'm all excited and need to watch Life as a House and AOTC again tomorrow.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Mine too!
    Hayden does such a fine job in this movie (for me it's not a matter of his potential to be a really good actor since I already think he is! :happy: ) that this has to be my favorite sequence, too.
    I like Ewan McGregor probably just as much, but it's Hayden who gets to show the emotion so I empathize with his character . . . had they gone with one of many different actors, I don't think I'd love AOTC nearly as much as I do.

I'm really glad the DVD has the extended lines in the garage scene. I liked the theatrical scene but thought it ended too abruptly. I loved the line from the novel, "I don't want to hate them" and thought the inclusion of the DVD line "I'm supposed to be better than this" really added to his remorse.

Now I'm all excited and need to watch Life as a House and AOTC again tomorrow.
    Yes, I agree. I also love these two amazing(and hot) actors, and I also think Hayden got way too much heat. I heard countless complaints about his acting skills in AOTC, and I still cant see why.
    "May the force be with you, always"

Originally posted by Amy
    I heard countless complaints about his acting skills in AOTC, and I still cant see why.
    Oh no, you've done it now . . .
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Because any scenes where JHayden had speaking lines were god-awful?????

Just a suggestion. I got chills from that scene, but for an entirely different reason.

But to each his own. I'm glad someone likes it.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"