Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Rock & Roll Hall of fame

Did anyone watch the R&R Hall of Fame inductions on VH-1 yesterday? I thought it was somewhat cheesy and staged.

I mainly watched it to see The Police perform. I thought they did a very good job, but I wouldn't expect a reunion tour anytime soon. It was interesting to see Sting interact with the other two. Sometimes he looked bothered by being there with them, and other times he appeared to slightly enjoy it.

I had no interest in the Righteous Brothers or AC/DC some interest in The Clash, and a bit of interest in Elvis Costello.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

I watched it for AC/DC's performance. I enjoyed their part of the show, not much interest in the rest, though.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I missed it. Hopefully VH-1 will re-run it a few times like they do everything else so I can at least catch AC/DC.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Thanks, dude. If you hadn't posted that, I'd have probably forgot to look for it. I see it is on tonight.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Aerosmith is my favorite band, with AC/DC being near the top too. Watching this was a must for me.
    Steven Tyler is the greatest rock vocalist ever, but it sounded pretty funny to hear him singing with Brian Johnson . . . their voices do NOT blend well.
    It was still quite enjoyable to watch.

The Righteous Brothers are kinda cool, I like The Clash, but the Police have always bothered me. Well, I'm more disliking of Sting and his solo work, but Sting with The Police is still bad.

I kept flipping to it to see Steve with AC-DC, and yet I somehow missed that part. I didn't care to see most of the show, partly because I think the Hall of Fame's induction process sucks, and partly because I hate Elvis Costello and find the Clash to be good but tremendously overrated. (I'd still take them over the Sex Pistols or any of the current batch of "punk" bands any day, though.)

Did Black Sabbath ever finally get voted in?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think the Hall of Fame went to crap years ago. Some people aren't deserving to be in there but are. In years too come I know that there aren't many bands that deserve it but they will get in there anyway. Todays rock is 90% garbage. Just my 0.02
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It's more of a Music Hall of Fame than Rock and Roll. How can they ignore Black Sabbath?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

They only let in five artists per year, and each nominee had to have released their first album 25 years earlier. So they're still getting people who should've been in in the first place (Righteous Brothers). Black Sabbath was nominated three or four times and never got in, so finally Ozzy said he'd refuse the honor if Black Sabbath ever actually got in. (Caesar or anyone else, correct me if I'm slightly off.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.