Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Muppet Show

Originally posted by Tonysmo
    agreed - please oh please bring back the muppets.. wholesome fun. something I can watch with my son.
    The Muppets Tonight didn't work so well, ratings wise. I liked it sort of; it was in the post-Jim Henson days, so it had lost some of the charm from before. BTW, isn't there a Muppets thread in this TV section already? Or as Swedish Chef would say: morni inny unnah Muppah therny arny?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Rogue II is right. The Mark Hamill episode is cheesy. But it's all in good fun. I remember Mark saying, "Remember Alderan! Down with the Empire!" and C-3PO with "Oh I sprained my cellenoids!" and of course "Oh no! Dirth Nader!"

Notes I made about the Mark Hamill "Star Wars" episode....

- The gun prop Mark Hamill used is not one used in the movies- its a cheap mock-up. And he doesn't have a lightsaber.
    - Chewbacca didn't have his bandrolier either. I guess Lucasfilm didn't want to loan those props out.
    - That wand-looking thing that Dirth Nader (Gonzo) uses to neutralize Luke's baster is a card holder from a floral arangement.
    - Notice the Star Wars pictures on the walls of Scooter's room durring his solo.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Cheesy perhaps, but lightyears beyond the holiday special, according to legend
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Re: The Muppet Show

Disney announces Season 1 DVD for The Muppet Show

This is the biggest news I have to counter all the Episode 3 talk going on in that other part of the forum.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I can one-up that one, JBF. Here's the current specs.

The Muppet Show Season One Features
    Disney insiders have responded to my questions regarding the upcoming "The Muppet Show - Season One Special Edition" DVD box set. They now have a tentative list of features and specifications regarding the release. This is not a full details and complete list of features; but gives you a good idea of some of the major features to expect on the first set's release. Disney also states that they plan on releasing the other four seasons of the show on equally great sets, but no further information on their disc features or release is publicly available at this time.

I'm still looking into uncovering more details; such as inclusion of the season 1 opening/closings, which pilot episode(s) to expect, what a "Muppet Morsel" really is, what is meant by "...and much more", if there will be subtitles, when will season 2 be coming, and anything else I can. I'll keep you posted as more things surface.

The Muppet Show Season One - Special Edition

Technical Specifications:

2.0 Mono
    French Audio Track
    4-disc collection

Episode Listing:

Juliet Prowse
    Connie Stevens
    Joey Grey
    Ruth Buzzi
    Rita Moreno
    Jim Nabors
    Florence Henderson
    Paul Williams
    Charles Aznavour
    Harvey Korman
    Lena Horne
    Peter Ustinov
    Bruce Forsythe
    Sandy Duncan
    Candice Bergen
    Avery Schreiber
    Ben Vereen
    Phyllis Diller
    Vincent Price
    Valerie Harper
    Twiggy
    Ethel Merman
    Kaye Ballard
    Mummenschanz

Bonus Feature Lisiting:

"Muppet Morsels"
    Original Muppet Pitch Reel
    Original Pilot
    Season One Promo Gag Reel
    The Muppets' Wizard of Oz Trailer
    ...and much more!

Retail Specifications:

$39.99 standard retail price
    Release date: August 9, 2005

http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/...-features.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-20-2005 at 09:58 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Now if they would just release "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together"........

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    ...The Muppet Show Season One - Special Edition

Retail Specifications:

$39.99 standard retail price
    Release date: August 9, 2005
    If you haven't already picked it up, it's available at Wally World for $29.94. Also out is the Muppets Wizard of Oz at $15.94.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

We watched a couple episodes from that set on Saturday night. I DO have to say that the pilot, where Kermit is NOT the host, is most surreal.

Miss Piggy has two different voices in the early episodes depending on who is playing her in that particular scene. Janice doesn't even sound like Janice yet. We're not sure when exactly her character "gels".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I picked this up the day it came out. Only watched the first disc so far.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

That set keeps calling my name and I REALLY want to get it yet I know there is no real point so I shouldn't. Well maybe if I can find it at a used place then I'll break down and snap it up.