Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Muppet Show

The Muppet Show

We were at Target this weekend and I was looking through the DVDs. They had a series of DVDs with 3 episodes of The Muppet Show on each. Of course, I had to buy the DVD that had the episode where Luke, R2, C-3PO, and Chewbacca on it. Of course, I hadn't seen that episode since it aired waaaaaay back in the day.geez, I'm getting old

So, I popped it in and watched it with my daughter and I came up with these notes:

--Mark Hammil is a cheese ball.
    --Anthony Daniels can tap-dance really well in that C-3PO costume. I was suprised he had that much mobility.
    --Chewbacca was naked. He was missing his bandolier. (Chewbacca isn't that good of a dancer)

Anyway, the Paul Simon episode wasn't bad. I didn't finish watching the Raquel Welch episode...it was an interesting combo: "Stars of Star Wars," Paul Simon, and Raquel Welch.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The Muppets was a great TV show. I wish it was shown on TV still.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

agreed - please oh please bring back the muppets.. wholesome fun. something I can watch with my son.

I saw something today that disturbed me.. Spongebob.. while normally I can enjoy that show, they were talking about panty raids in an episode I saw today.. I know alot of cartoons put in things for the adults to giggle at, most being somewhat over the head of our children, but this wasnt.. I was kinda shocked.. hmmm.. sounds like a new thread...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Have you ever seen the one with Roger Moore? He pulls out the spy stuff at the very end. THere is also one where Shirley Bassey is the guest and sings Goldfinger. Can't remeber if she does it with the muppets singing backup or not.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

The two old guys in the balcony, they were my favorite. Anyone remember their names?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Originally posted by Fulit
    The two old guys in the balcony, they were my favorite. Anyone remember their names?

Waldorf and Statler I think
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

I bought two DVD's of the Muppet show. One has Gene Kelly, Elton John, and Julie Andrews. My son, age 2 & 1/2, LOVES watching Gene Kelly and Kermit dance. I'm glad I got the DVD's to replay the scene for him.
    I wish that show was still on the air. It was brilliant how Jim Henson took adult things and made it for children. Like the Julie Andrews song about Goats from "Sound of Music" and adding muppets to interpret it. (Those of you who have seen Sound of Music, and the episode with Julie Andrews will know what I mean.)

I miss Jim Henson.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

Originally posted by Tonysmo
    agreed - please oh please bring back the muppets.. wholesome fun. something I can watch with my son.

I saw something today that disturbed me.. Spongebob.. while normally I can enjoy that show, they were talking about panty raids in an episode I saw today.. I know alot of cartoons put in things for the adults to giggle at, most being somewhat over the head of our children, but this wasnt.. I was kinda shocked.. hmmm.. sounds like a new thread...
    HAHAHA I saw that one. Mr. Krabs ends up "panty raiding" his own mother's underwear drawer!

teeheehee

One of my fav episodes of the Muppet Show was when Blondie was on it. Man, she ROCKED!

and speaking of the Muppet Show, anyone remember Solid Gold???

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Deoxyribonucleic, I've been trying to forget about Solid Gold since the early 80s. Why don't you bring up the Donnie and Marie Show or the Barbara Mandrell TV specials while you're at it.

Why did my mom make me watch those?
    Why!?!?!?!

Ahem....

My daughter likes shows with puppets/muppets better than cartoons. I'm sure she would love to watch the Muppet Show if it came back.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II
    the Donnie and Marie Show or the Barbara Mandrell TV specials
    Now there's something "special"

Originally posted by Rogue II

Deoxyribonucleic, I've been trying to forget about Solid Gold since the early 80s.
    Sorry, sorry Rogue II, I just couldn't resist. All this muppet talk, I remember the muppets followed solid gold so I'd always catch the end of it, with the lovely Dion Warwick and later the lovely Marilyn McCoo, who graduated from my alma matter now that I think about it!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!