View Poll Results: After seeing the pics from the Collectors Event, how do you rate the Clone Wars line?

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's awesome! I can't wait to get these new items!

154 32.98%
  • It's better than I expected. I'll buy them to complete a collection.

113 24.20%
  • Pretty decent, though I'm not that impressed. I may get some.

99 21.20%
  • Ugggh. I dread some of the newest additions to the toy line. I'm not buying these.

58 12.42%
  • I can't say now. I have to wait until I see them in person to decide.

43 9.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I love most of the stuff I have seen thus far, but as long as the Clonetrooper 3-pack, Wat Tambor and the Hailfire Droid see the light of day, I could care less if the line is successful.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

JT, how can he recycle Kit Fisto's lower half? Kit Fisto's legs are nothing like that. There nowhere near as posed that wide, and have articulation. The legs on the Rodian in the three pack, are one piece. The skirt piece may also be part of the legs, if I recall correctly. I'll have to check the different angles again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-18-2003 at 12:27 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, I'm like a lot of you out there. I'm not here to judge the figures that come out... just to buy them. I think some of the figures look really awesome and some look mediocre. But, as a whole I am impressed. My poor wallet!

I was much happier w/ the line then I thought I would be, which is a shame b/c I share the "completist" disease. I even liked the repainted vehicles better then I did Anakin's new fighter, which of course I will still buy (I can't very well say how bad it is w/out buying it, right?).

The new figures look very detailed, in general, the bases look cool. I hope they form together to make some big display.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

"Don't drink, don't smoke... what do you do?"

BUY FREAKIN' STAR WARS FIGURES!!!

One good thing is the lack of pack-ins on vehicles lately. I would like that to change, but my wallet is happier now. I don't get ships (or playsets) without figures... BUT my bug for collecting variants (even package variants God forbid) has grown out of control.

The Clone Wars figures look good. Happy they didn't get too cartoony (ala droids/ewoks).

Once again, here's my bid for New Jedi Order figures... I mean all those books are best sellers... you know they'd sell. Clone Wars has just a few comics out there.
    Skeeziks22

Originally posted by skeeziks22
    Once again, here's my bid for New Jedi Order figures... I mean all those books are best sellers... you know they'd sell. Clone Wars has just a few comics out there.
    A few comics now, but the Clone Wars will do somthing NJO won't. It's a massive storyline that crosses from the movies, the cartoons, the comics, the novels, and video games until May 2005. It also features the main recognizable charecters from the movies, with a few new charecters tossed into the mix. So it still has more recognition potential then NJO. I'm all for some EU figures, but figures based and associated with the actual movies will still sell better then basic EU. Especially EU that takes place so far in the future with so many unrecognizable charecters.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. Binks... I do agree with you... I'm just hoping for more I guess. Kids won't buy much, if anything from NJO, but will gobble up Clone Wars figures.
    I bought all the Shadows figures when they came out... plus all the other original EU figures. They didn't sell particularly well when they were out, but now they are all highly sought after collectibles. If their poor primary sales frightened Hasbro from doing more EU figures I can understand. BUT, they may be taking a chance doing Clone War figures before knowing the success of the comics/cartoons etc.

I want to see old Han, old Leia, old Luke, Vergere and the Vong... just make some!!!

that's all.
    Skeeziks22

clone wars toys

I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!!

I HATE DURGE!! He looks like a GIJOE not a star wars guy! I hate the clone trooper with the dress. Their not supposed to wear dresses?!?! I am diseased with the completist syndrome and have been since 1995, which means I have at least one of every freakin' figure put out since then and in a lot of cases I have 2 and I'm slowly working my vintage collection back up. Some people say "well if you don't like it, don't buy it". Well I'm here to say that I am a completist and if its a new 3/4 figure or its a 12 inch doll and it says star wars on it, then by golly its gonna be in my possesion and I hate myself until I do have it, but I have to put restrictions on myself. I am FINALLY getting caught up with the new ones since January, thanks to EBAY, not walmart damnit. Anyway I'm sorry to be ranting and stuff and I'm sure this isn't the place for it anyway but its st. patricks day so I'm a little under the influence. And I can't gripe about it to my wife because she hates my collection and she's hating me now since I've been out all night. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. oh and p.s or whatever, I can't stand the idea of 20 sec cartoons or however long they are gonna last. I think that its ridiculous to not just put out a REAL cartoon thats gonna have some substance. Star Wars deserves at least that. The new He-Man series rules and Transformers is good too even though Jazz and bumblebee aren't on there! Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by steeltormentor69; 03-18-2003 at 07:09 PM.

Re: clone wars toys

Durge was designed by Lucasfilm, by the same designers that worked on the designs for the prequels. I assume you hate SnowTroopers as well, as they wear the same waist cape. Just in white. And everyone knows you don't wear white after labor day. Atleast the ARC CloneTrooper is fashion conscious.

The animated series, are being done in the style of the serials of old. The same thing that Star Wars is based on. Instead a full length movie, you had small parts you had to watch every week at the cinema. That's exactly what's being done with this. Remember that the series is only a small part of "The Clone Wars" story.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

No actually I have a small fascination with Snowtroopers and At-At drivers. I don't know why. Maybe its my Nordic heritage and my need for frigid environments. I even like the spacetrooper and Dark Trooper, so its not an EU thing.
    Last edited by steeltormentor69; 03-18-2003 at 07:09 PM.