Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Star

Death Star

Do you think the Death Star will be in Episode III?

How do you think it will be shown? Will construction begin on it, or will be get a more detailed look at the plans? Do you think Bothans will be involved in stealing them in Ep3?

Personally I don't think the Death Star should be seen in Ep3. I think seeing the plans will be ok, but the actual space station should be saved for Episode IV.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I thought the Bothans stole the plans for the second death star.

I hope the Death Star isn't shown though.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
    I thought the Bothans stole the plans for the second death star.
    You're quite right, how silly of me. It was Kyle Katarn who stole DS1 plans wasn't it . If George were to show them getting stolen though, he would probably change this as he doesn't follow the EU.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I think towards the end we will se the Emperor and a very badly wounded Anakin fly to the not so near complete Death Star, and at the end see Anakin with his Vader gear as Palpy is laughing or something.

Ok, it will never happen, but a girl can dream...
    "May the force be with you, always"

Originally posted by Amy
    I think towards the end we will se the Emperor and a very badly wounded Anakin fly to the not so near complete Death Star, and at the end see Anakin with his Vader gear as Palpy is laughing or something.

Ok, it will never happen, but a girl can dream...
    As much as I loath the possibility, I'd put money on it that you're not far off the mark. Lucas has given away just about everything else, so ending Episode III with a gratiutious shot of the Death Star as well as giving away the secret (as if he hasn't already) of Vader's identity isn't beyond him at this point.

Amy that sounds like a pretty good ending. Itis possible. I hope Gl doesn't show the Death Star. Although it is 10 years later and all, he might. Who knows?

Ans....GL knows
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    10 years later? What? I had the impression that EIII would only be about 2 - 4 years after EII. Personally I don't think we will see the DS in EIII, but if we do catch a glimpse...it will be at the very end and kind of like the fleet launching at the end of EII...in that the DS will begin construction. It would be neat to show a small skeletal structure orbiting a small moon sometime during EIII...to show the vast amount of work yet to be done and serve as a nice way to help stitch the two trilogies together.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I hope we don't see the Death Star, in any stage. It was kind of cool in AOTC, but it wreaks much of the EU history about it (not that I care much about the EU any more). And I don't think the DS helps stitch the two trilogies together.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Dark Horse's "Republic" is filling in some gaps, as well as the Clone Wars cartoon in November. I think there's a novel coming out (maybe it's out now?) that should fill in some more.

There's supposedly 5 years between ANH and TESB, and 3 between TESB and ROTJ.
    Episode 3 is supposed to be roughly 18 years before ANH, since Luke and Leia are around 18 when we first see them.

On to the DS topic. If there is 8 years between ANH and Jedi, and the Empire only got 3/4 the way done with DS2 in that time, I don't think our chances of seeing DS1 are very good.

Mod note: Edited to remove spoiler material - Please don't include any information regarding the plot of E3 in the no spoilers forum.
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 04-04-2003 at 12:26 AM.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

If the Death Star is shown I hope they give it a real kooky, different unfinished look like they did in ROTJ but in a mindblowing pattern.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!