Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check out Cloud City Collectibles for classic vintage photos -- YOU CAN BUY!

This site has over 9,000 original pieces of Kenner history. These are the actual negatives and such of original catalogue and packaging images. Many --- like the two --- I've linked below appear to be one of a kind. Although there are also numerous multiples --- especially the 35 mm transparencies.

It was a total blast to just browse through.

Frankly, the prices really aren't outrageous. I blew just under a hundred bucks and got four really cool negatives that I will blow up to add some truly unique retro kitsch to my apartment.

These are being offered by the original photographer -- they all even come with a certificate of authenticity . . .

Aside, from that --- they are just so dang cool. It's definitely worth just a look if you have any interest in the vintage line. The images are simply fascinating . . . the details clear and sharp!

Here is a sample of one I just had to buy. Check out this groovy old TIE FIGHTER shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vsw-pho-4x5n-1036lg.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	5482  
    Last edited by mark2d2; 03-19-2003 at 01:22 PM.

Here's another one that I thought would look really neat on my wall . . . I love the fact that it's clearly either a prototype of the Landspeeder, or the remote control version. Also the angle is one I've never seen before.

Name:	vsw-pho-4x5n-1006lg.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	5483  
    Last edited by mark2d2; 03-19-2003 at 01:24 PM.

Oh thats awesome! Those pictures are really cool to look at, and I would LOVE to have some!
    "May the force be with you, always"

Here's a Land of the Jawas shot: The toy I had instead of the Sandcrawler.

PS --- the other image I picked up can be found in the Sandcrawler Saga thread. I just discovered you can't link images twice on the boards.

Name:	vsw-pho-35mm-2313lg.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	5485  

I had that set and the Hoth one that was just like it. Man I miss those. Did you find the Imperial Attack base on there? That was my favorite playset.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by mark2d2
    Here's a Land of the Jawas shot: The toy I had instead of the Sandcrawler.

PS --- the other image I picked up can be found in the Sandcrawler Saga thread. I just discovered you can't link images twice on the boards.

AHH, thats such a wonderful shot of the land of the jawas. That picture is just amazing. I remeber playing with that when I was little, and its pretty cool to see it again.

Yeah, I totally regret selling my cardboard sandcrawler. It was one of the dumber things I ever did.

KidHuman --- I didn't see that Hoth playset. But it's gotta be there. (I just didn't get that far in my search.) Pretty much everything is there. Like an idiot I also sold my imperial attack base, too! Teenagers can do such DUMB things . . .

My mother is the one that THREW AWAY all of my toys when I was 14, just because she said she was ashamed to be my mother. She always hated my hobby. I had close to everything, minus a few of the bif items.

Kitsch? Interesting choice of word. I know many people say we wouldn't have what we have today if not for what we had back then, a notion I disagree with, but I just see horrid toys. I certainly had my fair share of them when i was but a learner, but i can't look back fondly now. I'll admit to going "ooh I had that one" when I see pics but nothing more. Maybe i'm alone in not wanting to live in the past, well not that far in the past anyway. Hell even the '95 figures are starting to look a tad weak and horrid. I'm afraid i'm for progress and forward thinking provided it doesn't include statue balletic poses and action features.

Originally posted by mark2d2

KidHuman --- I didn't see that Hoth playset. But it's gotta be there. (I just didn't get that far in my search.) Pretty much everything is there. Like an idiot I also sold my imperial attack base, too! Teenagers can do such DUMB things . . .

I went there and looked through them. I found the Imperial Attack Base and longed for it. When I start working again I am gonna hunt it down on E-bay. Just have too.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amy
    My mother is the one that THREW AWAY all of my toys when I was 14, just because she said she was ashamed to be my mother. She always hated my hobby. I had close to everything, minus a few of the bif items[QUOTE]

I am so happy my mom didn't throw alot of stuff away. I lost alot of stuff in a move. I lost the Falcon, Creature Cantina, Hoth Playset, Land of the Jawas, 2 Imperial Attack Bases and many more things. I actually lost Admiral Ackbar and Snaggletooth in one move. Went out and bought them carded and left them on the cards and forgot to pack them when I moved again. Stupid, stupid me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten