Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Anakin Speeder, Bleehhhh

I just picked up the new anakin speeder, and all I can say is that I am not impressed. That was one of my favorite parts of attack of the clones, and thought it was a scene that had a lot of emotion in it. THey did a good job with the speederbike, but the figure is horrible. I am not one to usually complain about action features, but the action feature really detracts from this figure. It gives him a horrible pose, and his arms wont stay on the speeder properly. Not to mention that he is made out of a cheaper plastic, and has fewer paint apps. Plus his waist is aways turned because of the action feature. Not to mention that they could have threw in his cloth hooded cape, since thats what he was wearing in the movie. I am sure everyone will make fun of his face, it is really bad.
    Anyway, the dooku figure is much better, and actually looks good on his bike, even with the action feature.
    I would like to own star wars figures

I passed on the Anakin w/ Speeder. The Anakin figure looks terrible. Dooku is a lot better looking- worth the buy IMO.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Now see this really ticks me off. The bike should be enough of a action feature as is! But they have one on the figure its self, so he cant even look good while riding his bike, which is really the whole point of a figure/vehicle set.

I would like to bash the peoples heads together that thought of this wonderful idea...
    "May the force be with you, always"

I wish these things came with some sort of clear base that would allow them to be displayed. Unless you are holding them, they just sit there in a pile.

By the look on Anakin's face, he must be racing on the swoop because he's in a hurry to get to a bathroom!

Originally posted by tgr3328
    By the look on Anakin's face, he must be racing on the swoop because he's in a hurry to get to a bathroom!
    You beat me to it.

The picture of Anakin standing on the back also looks quite obscene. I'm surprised that got out past quality control.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I picked these up last week, and I have to agree on the Anakin figure. Goofy facial sculpt (If I remember correctly, in the movie he had this evil glare going on, not a stupid grimace!), horrible pose partly due to the stupid action feature, and a big old button sticking out of his back! Then to top it all off, no cloak to make it even remotely movie-accurate. I like both of the bikes, though, and the dooku figure looks really cool on his speeder.

On a related note, a collectable store here in Cincy took photocopies of the Anakin's head and posted them all over the store on signs for various purposes, like prices announcements, upcoming items, etc... I chickled quite a bit when I saw all those grimacing Ani's.

Man, this figure must be BAD -- even JarJarBinks hasn't stepped forth to defend it yet.

Re: New Anakin Speeder, Bleehhhh

Originally posted by Badbriancool
    THey did a good job with the speederbike, but the figure is horrible. I am not one to usually complain about action features, but the action feature really detracts from this figure. It gives him a horrible pose, and his arms wont stay on the speeder properly. Plus his waist is aways turned because of the action feature. I am sure everyone will make fun of his face.
    You can cure the trouble of the action feature, like I did, by spinning around back and forth his waist and arm until the spring gives loose. After I did that his arm and body still stays on real good .
    For those of you that wants to see how horrible his face is, checkout my thread in the reviews forums.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Mine should both be arriving sometime tomorrow morning. I knew the figures would be bad but i wasn't buying them for the figures, just the speeders. Anakin is going straight in the trash with the packaging, Dooku seems a little better and i may keep him depending on how he looks out of the box. The tatooine speeder will just beconme one more speeder outside my cantina. I'm also going to hack off the seatbelts. Seatbelts on star wars vehicles? insanity!!!!!