Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It has begun

It has begun

Well the President will be on in about ten minutes and it seems the War has begun.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

pray for a quick end and minimal casualties on both sides.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Originally posted by Fulit
    pray for a quick end and minimal casualties on both sides.
    I second that. No innocent lives need to be lost on any war.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think, regardless of your opinion of the war itself, we should all be supporting our President and our troops involved in this conflict and pray for a swift, yet decisive, end with minimal casualties.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Personally, I do support our troops. I hope the God they believe in is with them and that there are minimal casualties on ANY side.

I do NOT support our President.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

I'm not happy with the decision to go to war. I do feel that someone should deal with Saddamn, but it shouldn't be our troops. I just pray that the causulties stay at a minumum. I won't say anything about Bush, except, I didn't vote for him.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The only reason I say that we should support our president, is because of the old saying, "a house divided cannot stand." I learned in the military that, during a time of crisis, individual opinions are irrelevant and unity in the face of adversity is all that separates the victorious from the conquered.

About Bush, I do support him wholeheartedly. I don't see how anyone who was conscious during 9/11 can question the legitimacy of this war. Bush is simply doing what he promised to do after those horrible attacks. Something that much of the nations seemed to support at the time and still does (the majority of Americans agree with taking down Saddam).

People who argue against war with Iraq are simply arguing to keep a dictator in power and to keep an entire nation oppressed. It's our moral duty to liberate the Iraqi people.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    About Bush, I do support him wholeheartedly. I don't see how anyone who was conscious during 9/11 can question the legitimacy of this war. Bush is simply doing what he promised to do after those horrible attacks.
    Funny, I swore that he promised to deal with Osama Bin Laden and his men. Somthing that the administration has been unable to do with any true success. So suddenly they focus on Sadaam, instead of Bin Laden.

So I don't see how he's doing what he's promised, he's ignoring what he promised to do, to deal with another threat, that they can actually find. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for taking care of So- Damn Insane for once and for all, as it should have been taken care of years ago during the reign of Dubya's father.

My hopes are for a quick end to the war, hopefully the death or atleast the deposment of So-Damn Insane, and few casulties on each side. Hopefully the first strikes against where Sadaam was located were a sucess, so that we don't have to commit to an extended land war, where there are large casulties on each side.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-20-2003 at 01:31 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

There is no war that is a good war (except the Clone Wars). I can't see Bush as our President after the next election. I don't know much about politics, but our economy had just came back from a serious downfall and I don't think it's a good idea to jeperdize it again by going to war. Bush should keep an eye on terrorism, but he should also focus on what's going on in our country- like keeping our economy strong.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

There are currently reports of action against Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.