Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X2 figures (wave 1)- a review...well, kinda!

Ok, i was lucky enough to stumble upon the first wave of the X2 figures at a KB on the way home from school tonight....i'm a MIB collector, but i bought an extra nightcrawler, so i'll play off that the rest have the same playability as him.

First off, i think the figures look fairly good. I believe that there was as new laser scanning thing done for them, so they look closer to the actors. most of them have a fair amount of accessories, well, i mean, as much as they can..you don't need a bunch of stuff with the X-men!! Wolverine comes with a a base, where you place him on it and spin it, he does that crazy wailing arms and schnitk thing!! the Logan figure comes with a wolf, which looks good and yet again, he has an switch where you twist it, he rotates and does the schnitk thing.....Cyclops is a good lookin' figure...he has a button his back where surprise surprise, his eye lights up...he also comes with a gun base....it reminds me of the old "batman forever" Two-Face gun launcher..where it had a stand, it rotated and fired missles...decent figure.now, onto the gem...

Nightcrawler....wow, just wow....first off, it looks EXACTLY like the character from theovie....well, as far as i've seen.....he comes with a base thing...it's basically a window from the church that they're in in the films trailer..you have to assemble it and it seems flimsy, but when you get it done, its' great.....he also has a bendable tail, you can wrap around the pillars so, he hangs there......he's rediculously articulated too...perfect figure all around!!

The nightcrawler figure has rediculous amounts of articulation and from the looks of it, the others too...i would definately recommend checking these figures out...Happy hunting!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I want nightcrawler bad...

How much were they?
    Powdered Toast Man!

At KB, they were 7.99, so look for them to be about 5.99 everywhere else! cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

They are soundung like great figures this time around. I really want Nightcrawler, Logan, and Cyclops w/ coat.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Im kind of suprised that they will make new toys for X2. Reason i say that is i see a ton of the figures from the first movie at my local KBs and even they are marked down. But then maybe they sold good in your neck of the woods.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Kool-aid, there's a million of those at all my local KB's too. Looks like KB probably got all the left-overs from ToyBiz. I like some from the 1st series, but these new ones look way better!

JMG, from the pics I've seen, they look like they're comparable to Marvel Legends (in terms of articulation at least). Could you confirm this? Thanks!!

I really want these as well, but the next few months will have to go to my SW collection.
    "May the force be with you, always"

Hmm I'll get Nightcrawler. Good figure, good base = good buy.

Ok, sorry about my delay in replying, i was in columbus and Cleveland attending some shows. Yes, they are extremely articulated and are a great buy. I've been messingwith my nightcrawler figure for a while!!! saw them all around cols this weekend, so look for them, they'll be around. Cheers!!

My KB has a whole endcap devoted to X-Men Movie I toys. They are all down to 2.99. Crap.
    Powdered Toast Man!