will hasbro base there toys on the clone wars comics too?

I was wondering if hasbro will make figs based on the clone wars comics as well as the cartoon since there are some really cool jedis in the comics like the jedi weequey with 2 blue lightsaber in the mace windu comic.just wondering.
    Last edited by mylow thehutt; 03-22-2003 at 10:44 PM.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I doubt it, since there are only 9 basic Clone Wars figures.
    *Anakin (Pilot)
    *Yoda
    *Obi-Wan
    *Mace Windu (not yet revealed)
    *Clone Trooper
    *Durge
    *Asaaj Ventress (not yet revealed)
    And 2 others, I think 1 might be Kit Fisto.

And a few deluxes:
    *Clone 3-pack
    *Droid 3-pack
    *Jedi 3-pack
    *Destroyer Droid Launcher
    Along with some speeders, I think, like with Gendy the bounty hunter and another guy.

So, this, and the vehicles, are likely all we'll get for the Clone Wars.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I agree with Mr. JabbaJohnL on this. I believe these will be all that we will see from this line, although I could be dead wrong.
    "May the force be with you, always"

The Sith Witch is a comic book character. So is that super duper Clone Trooper. And I think they would be pretty stupid not to make Quinlan Vos.
    Powdered Toast Man!

Yeah, the figures are based on the comics. That's why they don't have an animated look. Hasbro said at the time they were working on the figures, the animated series was still up in the air. No sense basing figures on a series that may or may not happen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'd prefer the figures remain in this "realistic" style rather than create a splinter line that looked like the Ewok/Droids figures of the vintage line. I personally didn't get all the fuss with those when they were first released and gladly passed on them. In spite of their (alleged) value... I still think they are terrible.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

1) Ventress IS the Sith Witch.

2) Quinlan Vos will have a modest, but persistent role in the Clone Wars, so they ought to make a figure of him. He's Aayla's former master and a great look for a figure, not to mention he did "appear" in TPM, if only unintentionally (Jan Duursema saw him in the background when Sebulba got into it with JarJar, and created a backstory for him because he looked cool.)

If neutrally posed with heavy articulation, Quinlan could sell to his many fans, and those who just want "Mos Espa peasants" to fill in their diorama backgrounds.

Quinlan's a smart choice for a figure.

Villie is going to be slightly harder to push for. But a Devaronian mercenary could be useful anywhere in the SW universe. Villie happened to be in Club Outlander when Anakin and Obi-Wan pursued Zam Wessel in there, but only according to the comic version of Episode II. But a double-gun Devaronian merc is cool anyway you cut it. Plus he's often Quinlan's non-Jedi partner.

Other than that, the On-Going series (SW: Republic / Clone Wars comics) has only a handful of others that really NEED to be immortalized in plastic:

The Dark Woman (Ki-Adi Mundi's first teacher, and Aurra Sing's former Jedi Master)

A'Sharad Hett (the Tusken Jedi Knight and Ki-Adi Mundi's padawan - varrying more than just posing any Tusken figure with a lightsaber).

The Weequay Jedi Master that had turned to the Dark Side was actually in Episode 2. He'd be a real movie figure and one that would easily sell.

Jeisel, the chic Devaronian Jedi is also way cool, and we have to wait and see how important of character she'll be as she's brand new, but inside sources say they have big plans for her.

K'Kruhk, the Whipid Jedi Knight, was a padawan when Obi-Wan Kenobi was (Jedi Council: Acts of War - the Yinchorri Wars). While I'd love his figure, the fact that J'Quille, the bad Whipid mercenary from Jabba's Palace has not yet been done, would make me want to scream for justice for Jabba's Palace if the Jedi Whipid came out first. This would be a nice big figure like Muftak, but slightly less detailed than Ephant Mon. Rumors of 2004 being big for Jabba's Palace keep my hopes up. (side note: J'Quille, Herme Odel, Yarna dal Gargan, & Sgt. Doaylln are 4 of the Top 6 most-wanted from Jabba's Gang according to a large sampling of almost 1000 SirSteves' Readers that we did last Fall.)

Kit Fisto

Needs a regular, non-atlered, not preposed action figure that can stand at peaceful attention in any diorama of Palpatine's Office. (with his cloak on)

Luminara Undulli

Also needs a regular, non-atlered, not preposed action figure that can stand at peaceful attention in any diorama of Palpatine's Office. (with her cloak on)

Barriss Offee

Also needs a regular, non-atlered, not preposed action figure that can stand at peaceful attention in any diorama of Palpatine's Office. (with her cloak on)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.