View Poll Results: How does 2003's Classic Star Wars line-up suit you?

Voters
587. You may not vote on this poll
  • It looks awesome! TIE Fighters, Han Hoth, Vader Removeable Helmet, Jedi Luke...

203 34.58%
  • Its too centered on the core characters. The cantina and Jabba's need more attention.

229 39.01%
  • I don't like them repacking Leia, C-3PO, etc. There aren't enough new Classic figures.

145 24.70%
  • I don't collect Classic Star Wars figures, I'm ready to get on with the Clone Wars!

10 1.70%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Clone Wars are coming!!! For those of us who are getting frustrated w/ core character re-hashes, let's all gather our cloned figures of Lukes, Hans, Leias, C-3POs, R2-D2s, Anakins, Obiwans, the Fetts, Chewies, Qui-Gons and Mauls and have them battle the army builder clones. Now we can truly say " Begun, the Clone War has!!!". Aw, I forgot the Yoda clones.
    P.S. I didn't buy Bucktooth Pilot Luke cause that face just drives me nuts. Looks like somebody I know.
    Gimme a break!!!

"And please no more wind tunnel flapping cloaks and skirts. There was only one or two windy scenes in the saga so far and none of these flapping cloaked sculpt figures were in them."

I don't like the molded cloaks either. The thing that I like least about them is that when they are removeable the figure looks terrible without them on. You take the cloak off and the arms are still attached. Also, if kids are the market I'd love to see a storage case designed to fit the likes of Luminara. In '83 I was a bit miffed that I couldn't fit my Gammorean Guard in a case. I guess it's a good thing Hasbro isn't even trying to make cases for it's figures anymore.

I thought being in Alaska I was out of the shipping range... I am a bit comforted by the fact that it appears that almost everyone seems to be out of the shipping range right now. I did find one of the collections of new figures this year... I think that must have been a shipping error because it was a long time ago and nothing since. I guess I can count myself lucky. Still no Ephant Mon.
    Skeeziks22

"I am a bit comforted by the fact that it appears that almost everyone seems to be out of the shipping range right now"

I think retailer interest comes before shipping and evidently there's little of it in many places. I will just never understand why stores buy in hundreds of initial wave figures and vehicles in movie years, wonder why they aren't selling the 50 Anakin skywalker in Mos Espa figures warming the pegs and decide from that that there is no buyer interest. Or do they for some reason assume that Hasbro only makes that initial set of figures?

As to the capes- I actually prefer moulded ones. With small pieces of cloth attached to figures there can be no realistic 'draping' or folding and they just end up looking silly. Moulded capes, though eternally fixed in a state you don't necessarily want, at least look good.

Just give me a JK2 Kyle Katarn and a nicely done, near-to-scale so it can at least fit 2 figures Moldy Crow and I'll be happy. That and a resculpted to be to fit 2 figures AT-ST. How killer would that be? Oh yeah...and possibly Jan Orrs w/ no stupid action crap. We need more female characters. Hell, make an entire toyline based on the Dark Forces Series. That'd RULE for me!
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God. And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti.

Good idea with the AT-ST there DagMarus. I too had pondered such a thing. They'll probably do it unless the POTJ rerelease was their way of saying that it won't be getting a landspeeder style remould.

I'm also quite partial to the idea of a Star Destroyer bridge with Needa/Ozzel/Piett/Veers and a bridge controller, A proper size Millenium falcon cockpit and Falcon dejarik/lightsaber training room-those would be a good compliment to the old Power of the Force Gunner stations.

Theres so much. Progress is proving annoyingly slow however with Hasbro's evident efforts to redo the entire backlog of figures from the 90s.

How cool would it be if they released a bunch of Falcon Playsets that could combine to form the whole ship? That would RULE!
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God. And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti.

Have you ever seen the Falcon display that was once at TRU? I have one and it is huge... it is in storage in my garage it is so big. Anyway, it is as close to scale to the 3 3/4 inch figures as any of the toys have ever been. If they were to make a series of falcon playsets that connect it would end up being that large... 6'x4'x2'. I would be happy with a few parts of the Falcon... also, no two source books agree on what the inside of the Falcon looks like. The keyboard attachment that came out with the Han with flight gloves is a cool playset... it is actually larger than the cockpit of the Falcon, but if you can find one I would get it... all the cockpit scenes could easily be played out with it. It almost RULES!
    Skeeziks22