Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

"Making of Star Wars" comes out tomorrow!

How the heck did this stay off my radar? The Making of Star Wars hits store shelves tomorrow, April 24th. I just posted it in the news:

If you're anything like me, you had no idea this book was coming out so soon, heck, I just found out by accident. But it is true, J.W. Rinzler's 372-page The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind The Original Film is being released tomorrow, April 24th, in both paperback and hardcover versions. The tome is the first authorized making-of for Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, the film that started it all. Filled with long-lost, behind-the-scenes photos and interviews that shed new light on the first Star Wars film, the material's release is long overdue and just in time on the eve of Star Wars' 30th anniversary. So if you're like me and didn't realize the book was almost upon us, get to your local book seller tomorrow and pick up a copy of The Making of Star Wars.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've had it on my calendar for a few weeks, and with an extra 15% off coupon (maybe, if I think greedily, it'll also be 20% off, too ), I plan to score this'n today! Reports to follow.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I purchased the paperback edition from Amazon.com for $23
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My brother works at Borders so he's gonna pick this up for me today!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I gots it now. With my coupons, it set me back $26 and change. Some of the pics are nice and really never-before-seen, although most are black and white. Love the close-ups of handwritten drafts, contracts, paintings, etc. It's mainly about BEFORE the film was released, too, so there's a lot (300+ pages) of info to get through.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I purchased the paperback edition from Amazon.com for $23
    Yeah, I ended up doing the same, I hit a couple big bookstores in my area and they weren't in stock yet and they wanted full price, so I just went with Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    My brother works at Borders so he's gonna pick this up for me today!
    I hit the Borders in Hollywood, it was listed as "reserve" and was selling full price, apparently they never got them in - you would think a book about a movie that reshaped Hollywood would at least be in stock at the Hollywood Borders book store.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't have it yet but this is right up my alley...I'll be ordering this for sure.

Thanks for the heads up !!!

Awesome, my girlfriends daughter works at a bookstore and is picking me up a copy for letting her crash on my couch for the past several weeks.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Wow... it's a pretty substantial book!! Not disappointed that I got the paperback edition. It's still got the same content.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Wow... it's a pretty substantial book!! Not disappointed that I got the paperback edition. It's still got the same content.
    Yeah, same here, I'm happy that I was able to save money because I'm pretty broke right now, if it had been the hardcover only I wouldn't have bought it. I'm barely 25 pages in and it's already got some really good stuff, some names that have come and gone that we'll see again (Princess Leia got thrown out for Princess Zara ) and it's surprising to see how political Lucas got in there, there's a handwritten page that is somewhat prophetic to the current political scene.