Star Wars Insider #57

Some really cool articles about Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and Zam Wessell with plenty of pics!

A nice New Jedi Order round up of all the Jedi (living and dead) in the new series. Including their first appearances and final appearances for some of the more obscure characters.

Shelly Shapiro talks about whats ahead in the New Jedi Order series (The New Republic disbands and that's the least of it...)

plus 21-B's last column (which is good because it was getting old fast) and Zuckuss' eyes were made of bubble wrap!!

And as always, RickMc blabbing away about how important he is to the trilogy. But again, more cool pics and talking about how G. Lu is already in preproduction on EP III, certain conceptual designs for sequences that George has in mind but hasn't written yet.

Pretty cool!

Thumbs up Ahhh, Zam Wessell...

*sigh*....the eyes have it........

Simply awesome.......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Thumbs up

I noticed a Rebel Rumblings letter on page 92 titled "What's in a Name?" and it so resembled my life's work (well, not quite) on researching SW terms and their origins (see these 2 threads: http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=8&PID=367 and http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...0&pagenumber=1 )

... so I sent in my findings. We'll see if I get mentioned. Arrr!
    "That's what Sheev said."

I saw that same letter and immediately thought of you BCJ! That'd be cool to see you get some attention from SWI. I hope they don't use all your material and then say "This was researched by our own SWI staff..."

Thumbs up

Actually, Rollo, that would be cool, because then I would be a part of the SWI staff, improve the quality of the magazine, increase its sales and coverage, all the while working on my cures for cancer, muscluar dystrophy, and Expanded Universe bashing. Or something like that.

See their "give us your top 10 EU books" request? I'll bet Truce at Bakura makes it!

That's an easy list (in no particular order):

• Heir To the Empire
    • Dark Force Rising
    • Last Command
    • Specter of the Past
    • Vision of the Future
    • I, Jedi
    • Cloak of Deception
    • Shadows of the Empire
    • Approaching Storm
    • The Boba Fett story from Tales of the Bounty Hunters

The worst five are...
    • The Jedi Academy trilogy
    • Darksaber
    • Children of the Jedi/Planet of Twilight
    • New Rebellion
    • Crystal Star: The biggest poo log in the EU...

Lightbulb

How could you leave Truce out, Rollo? This would be mine (but you're way out of line!):

10. Splinter of Mind's Eye
    9. Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
    8. I, Jedi
    7. Heir to Empire
    6. Han Solo at Star's End
    5. Hutt Gambit
    4. Any Jedi Apprentice book from #1-12
    3. Courtship of Princess Leia
    2. Tales of Mos Eisley Cantina
    1. Dark Force Rising

Worst 5:
    5. Truce at Bakura
    4. Any Stackpole X-Wing book
    3. Rogue Planet
    2. Planet of Twilight
    1. New Rebellion

Courtship?!? Han wins the deed to a planet in a sabacc game. The DEED to a PLANET...
    The gun of command?!? What kind of cornball..Wolverton couldn't get leia to the planet any other way???
    Force Witches?
    Force witches riding rancors?!?!
    A giant Jedi spaceship academy?!?!
    THE GUN OF COMMAND?!?!?!?!?!

No way Courtship makes the top ten...

Conversely, the X-Wing books have Corran Horn and Tycho Celchu and Gavin Darklighter...so they are way higher on my list than...ugh...Courtship.

I'd have to read Bakura again to see how truly bad it sucks. But I read balance Point recently which gives me a good idea...

I happened to like the X-wing books myself. Instead of the usual suspects gettin all the glory we get some great new (well not so new now) characters. Look how many people want to see Corran Horn made into a fig.

I also like most of the tales of or from stories. Just enough info for some of the piece of the action and not enough for us to find holes in......

Back to the insider.I like this mag ,but lately to me it seems to be falling a little short. I like the up dates and really[really] could do without Rick.The Jedi order was a good reading,but the rest was just ok. Yes I'm glad to see 21-B's junk coming to a end.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."