Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Qui Gon Jinn's spirit speculating

Time to do some speculating. (that is why I posted this in the no spoilers forum). If we get to see Qui Gon Jinn come back as a spirit, who will see him first? The choices that I can think of are: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, or Yoda. MAKE YOUR SPECUALTIONS! I believe Obi-Wan will be the first to see him. Qui Gon will then talk to him about Anakin.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I think between the times of Episode II and III Yoda will learn to communicate with Qui-Gon and will have many conversations with him about Anakin and Obi-Wan, etc. I still think Yoda will keep it a secret though.

I feel that Qui-Gon will make an appearence to Obi-Wan after Anakin has turned to the Dark Side (but before Anakin becomes Vader). Qui-Gon will probably give Obi-Wan advice on how to help turn Anakin back, or to protect Anakin's children (child?).

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Well I for one hope we see Qui-Gon in Episode III...since he was in EI and we heard him in EII...it would only make sense to show him in spirit form in EIII. My guess is that he'll communicate with Obi-Wan first about Anakin and perhaps reveal to Obi-Wan how to appear in spirit form after death.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I read somewhere once that Liam Neeson was supposed to do some filming for Episode II but due to his motorcycle accident they had to change the scene. Now that Liam has recovered from his accident he may possibly do some filming for Episode III .

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

AT this point anything is possible. I feel that Qui Gons presence will give the PT a lot more substance. A lot more of what we seemt to be missing.

I think that Qui Gon would have to appear to Obi Wan first, it would just be a better sceen that way. A shocked Yoda wouldn't be cool, but a mystified Obi Wan would be good. Yoda wouldn't be surprised as I'm sure he's figured it out on his own by now.

I wounder if Jedi Spirits come back when thier purpose in life has yet been completed. A case could be made for this in all the Spirits we've sceen. Clearly Obi Wan came back to help guide Luke along his Jedi path. Qui Gon would/could come back to help guide Obi Wan to help Anakin. Yoda came back to see Lukes completion as a Jedi and Anakin came back to assure Luke that he was good and not evil after all.

More and more questions and not to many answers. Oh well, 2005 is just around the corner .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

But in the AOTC book it says that Yoda was surprised to hear Qui-Gon's voice. I don't believe Yoda has figured it out yet. And it is weird that the "rebel" Jedi who disobeyed the council would know how to become a spirit and the others would be dumbfounded about it.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I didn't mean that Yoda knew in AOTC, I mean by the time of the next movie he would have figured it out.

It's not like Qui Gon was some sort of dark Jedi. He was still good and belived 100% in the force. Just becasue he defied the council on occasion doesn't make him a bad Jedi. The council doesn't rule the Force, the Force rules the Force.

Perhaps Qui Gon is the only one who was ever killed with such an important task left undone. This is the proficy of th"The One". Chances are that has something to do with it. All the spirits who have come back have been very involved with Anakin and Luke.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

What you just said ICATCH9 is very interesting. Your right, that all the spirits thus for has been connected in some way to fulfilling the prophecy of the Chosen One. I never thought of that.

One thing that wasn't really explained in the AOTC movie but was in the novel, is that when Yoda heard QuiGon's voice, he was tapping into the Dark Side. He and Mace agreed that they had to do that to try and figure out what was going on since the Dark Side was clouding everything. That's why he felt Anakin going on his tirade. B/C both he and Anakin was on the Dark Side at that time. That's also when he heard QuiGon.......

It would not surprise me if QuiGon in some way turned out to be a bad guy. Not neccessarily a full-on Sith, but bad nontheless. That would explain why Yoda heard him on the Dark Side of the Force. That could also explain the comment that Dooku made when Obi-Wan told him that Qui-Gon wouldn't join him. Dooku was fairly confident when he said "Don't be so sure". It could be a bit of foreshadowing.
    Oh come, lets sing Ohio's praise,
    And songs to Alma Mater raise.
    While our hearts rebounding thrill,
    with joy, which death alone can still.

Summer's heat and winter's cold,
    The seasons pass, the years may roll

Time and change will surely show,
    How firm thy friendship........

O-HI-OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

VERY NICE YODA-WAN ! I agree .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Re: Qui Gon Jinn's spirit speculating

Originally posted by TheDarthVader
    Time to do some speculating. (that is why I posted this in the no spoilers forum). If we get to see Qui Gon Jinn come back as a spirit, who will see him first? The choices that I can think of are: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, or Yoda. MAKE YOUR SPECUALTIONS! I believe Obi-Wan will be the first to see him. Qui Gon will then talk to him about Anakin.
    IF Qui Gon returns, Anakin will get the honor. Afterall, it was he who discovered the boy (despite the clearly contradictory dialogue to the contrary in the OT). As Anakin further tumbles over the deep end, Qui Gon will poof into view to have a chat, much like the way Spirit Ben poofs in just as Luke is about to give up (out on the snowfield). The nature of the chat is open to debate of course. The way Lucas is getting his rocks off by "mirroring" the Original Trilogy, the obvious choice is Anakin.

IF Qui Gon is really a good guy, then his appearance will be nothing short of a warning to Anakin, who will then proceed to ignore the spirit. This option would stay consistent with Lucas's previous precedent of mirroring classic mythology by having the hero be visited by an otherworldly spirit being in a time of need.

The more unlikely scenario would be for Qui Gon to be inherently "bad" so that the appearance would be to goad Anakin on so that he completes his turn to the darkside. What's silly about that is that we have no evidence thus far to even remotely suggest that Qui Gon is on the side of evil. Also, as a plot device to get Anakin to turn, it's unnecessary. Thus far Anakin's tirades have been entirely unjustified, but we do have a sense of his lack of self-esteem and desire for greatness. That really is enough to justify his turn to evil. (in the same vein as a Hitler or Hussein character) All that is needed is a final catalyst to push him over the edge. The Spirit of Qui Gon ain't it.