Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who believes in this Philosophy?

Trust me, it's Paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.
    For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay your welcome.
    Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience and if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.
    You hope and you dream but you never believe that something is going to happen for you. Not like it does in the movies. And when it actually does, you expect it to feel different, more visceral, more real. I was waiting for it to hit me.
    I still believe in Paradise. But now at least I know it's not someplace you can look for. Because it's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life. And if you find that moment, it lasts forever.
    I believe it and I know it to be true, I've felt that way. I think it's interesting to think of life in a deep way. Most things aren't physical, they're usually your state of mind.
    Just my thoughts...
    "Trust me, it’s paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we haven’t Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, it’s probably worth it."

Sounds good to me, for a quick read. I didn't have time to go into it deeper. I'm busy making my own dreams become a reality.

Interesting post though. I like philosophers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What a peculiar question! Who believes in this Philosophy?

Main Entry: phi·los·o·phy
    Pronunciation: f&-'lä-s(&-)fE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -phies
    Etymology: Middle English philosophie, from Old French, from Latin philosophia, from Greek, from philosophos philosopher
    Date: 14th century
    1 a (1) : all learning exclusive of technical precepts and practical arts (2) : the sciences and liberal arts exclusive of medicine, law, and theology <a doctor of philosophy> (3) : the 4-year college course of a major seminary b (1) archaic : PHYSICAL SCIENCE (2) : ETHICS c : a discipline comprising as its core logic, aesthetics, ethics, metaphysics, and epistemology
    2 a : pursuit of wisdom b : a search for a general understanding of values and reality by chiefly speculative rather than observational means c : an analysis of the grounds of and concepts expressing fundamental beliefs
    3 a : a system of philosophical concepts b : a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought <the philosophy of war> <philosophy of science>
    4 a : the most general beliefs, concepts, and attitudes of an individual or group b : calmness of temper and judgment befitting a philosopher

Philosophy is in everything. When you think or wonder or try to figure out anything you are using it. Without it we would all be like preprogramed robots that can become no more then they already are. For instance, right now I am using philosophy to try to figure out why it is called a hamburger when there is no ham in it.

Ketchup!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Well I believe in it, but it just doesn't happen enough.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Believe in nothing and you can't get hurt. There, that's my philosophy. BTW, I once had *insert religious fanatic group here* doorstep me and they asked me to look at a picture of some people standing near a lagoon with a tiger and a lion and a huge elephant (badly drawn I might add) And in the background were a rainbow and some fluffy clouds and a mountain and these *insert religious fanatic group here* asked me "Does this look like paradise to you?" and I replied "No. That Tiger wouldn't be found in the same terrain as a lion and elephant and besides which it can't be paradise if the animals eat the humans. Are you advocating an avaricious, aggresive and predatory society?" they left without a word much to my surprise.

Philosophy is just another way of saying 'point of view'.
    Last edited by Jargo; 03-25-2003 at 02:03 PM.

Anyone here familiar with Social Constructionism? I tend to lean towards that philosophy, but getting in the right head-space to understand seems to come and go for me.
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

No that's an erroneous myth. it was invented in ancient civillisation times, ye olde worlde, Jason and the argonauts ate them while planning to steal the golden fleece, Perseus ate one just before his first attempt to catch and ride pegasus. Patroclus fed one to Achilles just before he was shot in the ankle by an arrow and died. Paris got fat on them after he bagged helen of Troy. Nero ate them while rome burned. Caesar and Cleopatra ate them together while mark Anthony hid in the closet. Socrates ate one while working out how to get the old boy network to listen to his radical ideas. The Epicureans ate them at orgiastic festivities. Romulus and Remus ate them in between suckling at the teats of a she wolf. Spartacus fed his band of mercenaries and soldiers on them because he only knew how to make beef patties and it's easier to set up a barbeque to cook them than to build a great roasting oven to cook the whole cow.

Hamburgers were not invented in Hamburg. They may have been made famous at ta notable restaurant sometime, being a particularly fashionable dish or favoured by a famopus personality. Maybe someone like Hitler ate them and it was at a restaurant in hamburg in the days leading up the second world war. The meal would have become folklore, synonymous with a fateful day of reckoning or something and thus the name Hamburger would have stuck as a nickname for the meal of a beef pattie in a bread roll. It's all supposition, no-one actually knows why they are called hamburgers. They probably once were made from ham but ham is expensive and beef is cheaper so substitute ingredients in times of poverty will then become the norm. Ergo a change from ham to beef becoming the accepted way of making the patties. with breadcrumbs and onion and egg being the other ingredients. Throw in a little seasoning to take away the taste of the rancid just out of date meat and you have convenience food made from junk just the way it's always been made.

Hey I'm talking crap. I don't have answers but I suspect though that no-one does. I do know that hamburgers aren't from hamburg though. That much is common knowledge. They did also have them in ancient societies. minced meat or tenderised meat patties. What meat they used is debatable, horse, Veal, pig, beef, Venison, any other bits and pieces lying around like leftover Dormouse if you were a roman cook. Pigeon, chicken, whatever was at hand.
    Then you have the bread roll thing. The title Hamburger could relate to a specific type of bread roll from the past that used to be synonymous with the patties sold on the street corners. A Hamburg soda bread roll or something. I dunno just use some imagination and make up your own story for this. Does it matter why or who or where?

Hakuna Matata.....

It means no worries, for the rest of your daaaaayyyyyssss......

It's our problem freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

Philosophyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy................

Hakuna Matata.........
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Who be this QLD here? I knowest not his visage. He seemeth most familiar but yet, who is yon personage mine eyes doth behold? Methinks myself to be confus'd in this matter. Pray fine gentleperson, speaketh thou with authority or with simple folk tongue? Egads! this is a rum game. Most unfortuitous and calmitous in nature. Come, we must be sure of foot and bold of heart among the company of strangers.....