Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it just me, or are the 12inch Episode 1 figs the best in the line?

....I mean, these figures rule! The Maul, Obi, Qui Gonn are awesome, and the Mace Windu is 100X better than the AOTC version that looks like he suffers from down syndrome. The face sculpts are right on and the clothing has that not-so-cheap feeling. They are also super posable. The AOTC 12inch line sucks to me, as I have a Dooku and Zam that I can't get to do anything except stand straight up!

There is a 12" Forum specifically for this kind of thread.

Meanwhile, there are those of us who like the 12" and Unleashed here, too.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, though.

Meanwhile, I think I might agree with some of the TPM v. AOTC evaluation for the 12", but Classic has the best 12" figures in my opinion.

Good Episode One Figures:

Darth Maul (and Sith Speeder Maul!)
    Qui-Gon (all versions except electronic)
    JarJar Binks (regular version)
    Obi-Wan
    Watto (IMO)
    Mace
    Sebulba
    Boss Nass
    Padme Tatooine
    all Portrait Edition Padmes
    Anakin (both versions)
    C-3PO electronic
    Pit Droids
    Captain Tarpals with Kaadu

Good Episode Two Figures:

Clone Trooper (all versions)
    Anakin Skywalker (1st version only)
    Geonosian Warrior
    Jango Fett
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Plo Koon
    Count Dooku (rocks, the likeness is so good!)

and for me, figures like 14" Electronic Vader with Removeable Helmet, Han Solo with the TaunTaun, and the Bikerscout on Speederbike are the reason I collect 12"! The Classic collection has most of the best stuff!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I have to agree with Tyco. The classic 12" line rules the scene for me. For some reason I just havn't seen that many E2 12" figures that becon me to spend my hard earned money. I, by far, own more E1 12" figures.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

I agree that EpI Maul, Mace, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are among the best in the line. They're the only EpI 12" figures I ever bought, and they were well worth paying full price for (though I got Obi-Wan on clearance for $5, I think).

Funny thing is, Episode One Obi-Wan looks bad in the box, since for some reason they kind of arched his back, so he looks like he's pregnant in the box (neck tube tie, ankle twistie ties, wrist ties, all holding him arched. I think there was no waist tie, that's why).

But out of the box, TPM Obi-Wan is the best darn 12" they did for that line and one of the few versions of any figure that actually looks like Ewan McGreggor.

I went hog-wild on the clearance sales for some of these and ended up with 4 Obi-Wans from TPM:

1) to swim with Qui-Gon and JarJar in a fish tank I'll add one of those blue lava panels or bubble pannels to to make it look like they're under water.

2) to defend the Black Travel Queen with Qui-Gon and Padme Handmaiden as some Battle Droids attack them.

3) to slice Darth Maul in half, so I can hang my 2-pack Sith Lord from the ceiling with carefully measured fishing lines so that Obi-Wan's borrowed Qui-Gon saber is barely passing through him. (plus it gives me an excuse to lend his cloak to an E2 Obi-Wan that's fighting my Ultimate Jango Fett on Kamino!)

4) Not sure what this one was for. I think to save for a ceremony scene with a victory celebration Amidala and a Jedi youngling Anakin. (not sure that will happen...so I thought there was some other reason).

But the nice point of it was that for $35 I got 4 (paid full price for the first Obi-Wan). I also got my Qui-Gons that cheap. And you know I really got that Sith Lord 2-pack at full price because it was an excuse to get a 4th fourteen-inch Vader

Having favorite 12" figures has its drawbacks. Actually I think they are called withdrawals, as in [funds]withdrawals....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thumbs up

I absolutely think the classic and episode 1 12inchers are by far better then episode2. We all can't forget how sweet the 12 inch darth maul and speeder is. That piece is just beautiful. I did however pick up the new 12in leia in boussh disguise and I have to say it is a nice piece, but then again it is considered part of the classic line. As far as classic goes all I have to say is speeder bike with biker scout. Mace windu and boss nass are my 2 favorites of episode 1. Theres just to many to go on!

The ep1 12" figures are a lot better than the ep2 12" figures. I like the following ep2 12" figures: super battle droid, kenobi, anakin (1st), ultimate jango, and count dooku.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Yeah, I've only bothered picking up Dooku so far from the Ep 2 line, but the Ep 1 line had way more figures that weren't embarassing to look at. That Ep 2 Padme and 2nd Anakin are just hideous, the only other 12"ers from this line I've considered are Jango Ultimate (which I never found), Super Battle Droid (which I'll pick up soon at $10), and the Geonosian (which looks ok but I don't care for the character so I won't bother).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediTricks, what about Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon? They are worth it, and I think it's awesome that Hasbro plans to do all the Jedi Masters (not that I'm holding my breath for this to actually happen, but good sources say SaeSee Tiin and Eeth Koth just might).