Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

24 is back on today, it's about time... What happend again?

Finally 24 is back on tonight, and I must say it's about time. I love this show, but you can't keep taking long breaks in the middle of it to show American Idol 5 times a week. It really looses something when you can't see the show every week. I have a friend of mine who rented the 1st season DVD's and watched all 24 eps in like 4 days! I can understand it, as every show is a cliffhanger, it would be hard to stop. I kinda wish I would have done the same with season 2. I think season 2 is better than season 1, but some of it's greatness is lost each time it takes a 3 or 4 week hiatus. We have 6 or 7 episodes left, so I'm sure there will be another break. Now when's Smallville come back on... Hummm... April :?

=MATT=

thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My wife and I watched the first season on DVD in 2 days!!!

My brother-in-law got it for Christmas, we ended up watching it and now we're hooked. I hate the 3 week break though, I think your right, the show looses something. I am also a big fan of "The Shield".
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    I am also a big fan of "The Shield".
    "The Shield" ROCKS!!!

that's the only show on tv that I actually schedule things around. I usually go over to a friends house and we watch "24" and then "The Shield" After 2 hours of intense tv, we just sit there dumbfounded for a few minutes, soaking up all the craziness. I LOVE IT!

speaking of...it's on tonight! YES!

Notice too on the shield how it starts right away, no commercials and then the commercials don't come until almost a half hour into the show. I like that
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I too hate the 24 breaks. I wish they would just show the darn thing staright though. Lets just hope they did what they did last season and show it all the way to the next to last episdoe. Or maybe to the last episode. Then they should put the entire show on in marathon form with no commercials. One can only dream.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I can't blame FOX too much for the breaks because unlike other shows, 24 can't have those 2-3 week rerun breaks. If the show ran straight through, the season would sometime in late March or early April. FOX wants to hold the finale until May sweeps for higher ratings, which keep the show alive.

I do wish that if they do take these longs breaks, they should air an "update" episode the week before the new ones start.

They should call the show 36 then to keep it running staright thorough or 52 for a wehole year of excitement.

Wow. Last night's ep was the first one I was totally disappointed in - occasionally there are elements that annoy me in some eps, but there's usually something good going on in another plotline. Sadly, this was not the case last night, everything was bubbleheaded nonsense IMO. Tony turns into a massive jerk, Kim thinks they might be in trouble so she doesn't shoot that guy in the leg or shoulder, CTU transfers a vital prisoner out in the open when they have a working indoor garage for just such an occasion, Jack doesn't call the president to let him know about the phone call he just got. BAH! This show used to be smart, now everybody seems to be a Kim Bauer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This show used to be smart, now everybody seems to be a Kim Bauer.
    hehehe....

Yeah, there were a few disapointments, some of it was REALLY predictable.

I'm kinda thinking they want to go somewhere with "Ms. Warner" and Jack. That plot line could get interesting.
    May the force be with you.

Yeah, the latest episode just didn't feel right......

I mean, ANOTHER crappy Kim story......ugh........

And what is with Tony? The "Tony is an a-hole now" came from nowhere! ANd I still don't like all these soap opera stares with the women either. UGH.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"