Final Fantasy X-2

Does anyone have any decent info on this game? I just stumbled on to it by accident. I just pray that it is not as linear as FFX.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/fina...yx2/index.html
    Last edited by Patient Zero; 03-25-2003 at 01:02 PM.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I don't know a lot off the top of my head, but i just read somewhere that it is supposed to be a lot less linear.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Supposedly the story focuses on Yuna, Rikku, and a new character (I don't want to spoil) and starts from the "Another Story" ending from the PAL version of FFX.

The game was released last week in Japan and there is a lot of talk about it at the message boards at gamefaqs.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Trip J, are you on the gamefaqs forum? I'm just Jonna over there. It's alot cheaper then buying guide books.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I typically just read the forums there, I've never registered. Seems like every thread I've ever read there turns into a nasty flame war.

I do, however, agree with you that it's MUCH better than buying guidebooks!

I only hope X-2 can be as good as FFx was. It seems to be getting a lot of mixed reviews from the folks that have imported it. Of course, there a LOT of people who think every game Square has made after FF7 was just crap...

Yuna wears leather and has 2 guns... that's all that matters
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Well, X-2 (Ten-two) has been out for a while now. I picked it up in late November and have spent a lot of time with it. It took a while for the story to really get moving, but i've enjoyed it so far.

The sphere-grid system is gone, replaced by dress spheres that let your charachters change job classes. This allows you to develop your characters any way you want.

The story is MUCH less linear. It's a mission-based story line and you can go anywhere in the worldmap from the very beginning. The story is spread over five chapters, and from what I gather, some events play out differently in later chapters based on how you handled things in earlier chapters.

If you liked FFX, you'll probably like X-2, I know I do. Anyone else have a chance to play yet?

I bought it on release day, but I have yet to even open it. I haven't had much time to play it, but I hope to soon.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Im looking forward to it too, but I still have to get off my but and finish FFX. I got stalled fighting a beast battle toward the end over and over - and sadly gave up. Im going to have to revisit it soon.

About this game, I wish Square had really focused on getting FFXI done instead of this. I do like the characters, but not as much as Vivi and Zidane or Barret and Cloud. If it were me arranging the sequels, those would have been the characters I would have chosen. They should do an FF game where some of these folks meet up during an adventure, maybe they could sequel a few episodes by crossing them up a little. Let's get FFXI up and running for PS2 first though.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008