Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is good news, the photos sent me looking through my Star Tours photos. I don't have one of SK-Z38 , is he from Disney Land or Disney-MGM? Any one know?

As for the figures, they all will be welcome additions to my collection.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I don't think I've been this disappointed in a long time. Animitronic bird skeletons and a movie inaccurate astromech...ugh. C'mon Hasbro give us a real R5.

I knew R5-D4 was in the Sandcrawler, always figured the R5-DL droid was also in there because I thought I saw it in there. Eh, oh well he looks cool nonetheless. Just chop off or pull out those eye sockets then a little sculpey and you'd have a new R5-D4 ready to go!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't know if I like the bird thing or not. It could be cool to use as a security sentry in the Geonosis Droid factory diorama.

The R5 is way cool.

The other, I'll pass on. Not significantly different from the first one.

But considering how they recycle robotic animatronics from other sets and strip them off of their earth-worldly coverings and call them Star Wars droids,

I can't wait for the Abraham Lincoln droid or the Abominable Snowman one, let alone Pirates of the Carribean.

I even went so far as to name them:

A.B.E.-1 Civil Worker Droid

S.N.O.-8 Security Net Operations Droid

and

Captain P.E.G.-8 (Pilot-Engineer-Gunner- model 8)

and of course

J.A.K.-0 (Michael Jackson animatronic, at home in his Pirates of the Carribean recreation)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The R5 droid is cool, but was he like that in the movie with that blast mark (as shown in JJB's link)? Or was he only like that in Disney? With that said, assuming this droid is the "all-new" R5-D4, will Hasbro re-release it as a basic carded figure later on (maybe without the blast mark), or will this droid be Star Tours exclusive forever? Disney is waaaaaaaay out of my reach, so chances are, I'll NEVER get it.
    "We shall double our efforts."

Hasbro, you forgot a-boot us Canadians.

MAKE MOFF JERJERROD!

I got my wave 1 at Disneyland, CA.

I ordered my wave 2 from Disneyworld, FL.

No problems.

I think I have extra (definitely non-mint) from Wave 1 and 2.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The cool thing about them making R5-DL, is that they can always remold/repaint it later on down the line to make the unknown black 2-eyed Imperial R5 Unit from the Death Star 2. Or the unknown white 2-eyed Rebel R5 Unit from the Rebel Briefing Room. Or if your handy with that sort of thing, you can do it yourself.

Star Tours Comparison Page
    Black 2-Eyed & 3-Eyed R5 Units
    White 2-Eyed R5 Unit

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

We all need to understand that these are Star Tours figures, not from the movies. R5 looks awsome as this is how he looks like at the attraction. I'm hoping Hasbro will release another R5 droid that will be a Star Wars figure.

Oof! The R5 looks very nice ... I've missed out on all of these figures and I'm within spitting distance of Mouse-Land. Will have to go get one this time.

(I like the Animatronic bird skeletons ... toys of "real" robots ... what a cool thing. I always thought it was funny that they used those for the ride ... sort of fantasy meets reality.)

Originally posted by darthm1970
    We all need to understand that these are Star Tours figures, not from the movies.
    I believe most of us realize this, but we just like to complain. If it looked like the movie version we probably would be saying, "Hey, it doesn't look like the STAR TOURS version.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)