Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Darth Muul's corpse

I'm sure that this has been brought up before but...

I wonder if anyone retrieved Darth Maul's corpse after he was killed. If so, what did they do with it?

According to StarWars.com's databank, he fell into a melting pit. So most likely, his body was probably incinerated.
    A pained look of bewilderment crossed Maul's tattooed face as death overtook him. His body fell into the melting pit, splitting in two as it tumbled into oblivion.
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...aul/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, that was easy.

Thanks JarJarBinks!
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

If you want to get into EU, all Sith Lords supposedly explode when they die. So Maul would have exploded and his energies be absorbed into the melting pit (which I think would have to be constructed in such a way that it absorbs excess energy).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    If you want to get into EU, all Sith Lords supposedly explode when they die. So Maul would have exploded and his energies be absorbed into the melting pit (which I think would have to be constructed in such a way that it absorbs excess energy).
    Sorry, no expanded universe here! If GL didn't write it then it didn't happen.

Besides, Darth Vader didn't explode!

Darth vader turned back into a jedi before he died. And he didn't vanish, or did he? Didn't someone say it was only the suit Luke burnned?
    "Dance your asteroids off..."

Originally posted by PoggleTheGreater
    Darth vader turned back into a jedi before he died. And he didn't vanish, or did he? Didn't someone say it was only the suit Luke burnned?
    Umm...I don't think Darth Vader turned back into a Jedi before he died.

Who do you think gave Vader the authority to turn back into a Jedi? Sure, he did have some good left in him but that is a far cry from being a Jedi.

This is just a classic example of how expanded universe conflicts with the "true story" of the Star Wars saga.

He was a jedi before he was a sith. When he turned good again, he automatically went back to being a jedi, didn't he? If he wasn't a jedi, what was he, a good sith lord?

(Nuts to EU!)
    "Dance your asteroids off..."

He was a jedi before he was a sith. When he turned good again, he automatically went back to being a jedi, didn't he? If he wasn't a jedi, what was he, a good sith lord?

(Nuts to EU!)
    Whether he becomes a Jedi again or not is debatable. IMO he did not. He turned back to the light side but was still not a Jedi. Just because he is good again and no longer a sith doesn't mean he is automatically a Jedi. He's just a nothing now, a nothing who can use the force.
    For all we know, in Episode III Anakin may have been expelled from the Jedi Order when the council find out about his marriage to Padmé, and I would suspect his expulsion when he slaughters some Jedi. So I'd say he's deffo not a Jedi again.

Vader DID vanish at the end of ROTJ and it is only his suit that Luke is burning.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo

Vader DID vanish at the end of ROTJ and it is only his suit that Luke is burning.

PENDO!
    I disagree. If it was only the suit, many portions of it wouldn't have "filled out" (like the entire chest area) if there was no body in there. Plus, there would be absolutely no reason for Luke to build such an "ornate" pile of wood and lay the suit out so nicely if it was just the suit. In fact, if it was just the suit, Luke wouldn't have that kind of respect for that exterior shell which personified the evil that held his father prisoner for so long.

No, Anakin didn't vanish on the Death Star and there is no reason to think that he wasn't on the pyre either.