Galactic Phrase Book and Travel Guide

Has anybody else seen this book? It pretty awesome. It gives you some words and phrases frim various Star Wars languages like Bocce, Huttese, and a lot more languages. It's worth the $8

When I first heard about it, I wanted to pick it up just for the Sergio Aragones cartoons.

When I first saw it, I was disappointed by the small number of said cartoons, but decided I'd eventually get it for the section on Ben Burrt creating the languages.

I picked it up about a week ago and, though I haven't read all of it, I'm skimmed over parts. It looks hilarious! I couldn't care less about being able to communicate in Star Wars languages, but the travel guide looks to be the funniest SW book yet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I couldn't care less about being able to communicate in Star Wars languages
    Yeah, that seems to be too Star Trekish for me but it's still interesting.

If you wanna se something pretty funny go to page 148 and read Post-Star Wars. It says that they couldn't translate 'E chu ta' into basic because they say it wouldn't really be printable in the book.
    I'm thinking Echu ta translates into basci as 'f*** you.'

Thumbs down

Well, Threepio said "How rude!" when the Cloud City droid said it to him , so it must at least upset a droid. (Don't worry. Doing that won't get your arm ripped out of your socket.)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Only if it's an angry YVH Class War Droid.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

yeah, I really like the book. huttese RULES!
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I seen this book at my local bookstore and had to get it
    I love annoying my friends speaking in Gungan annoys them to death! and the other languages Huttese and Jawa

Red face A long time ago in a thread far, far away...

There was a thread on this when the book came out. I got it and really got it good laugh. I didn't find it "Star Trek-ish" at all because it was done so tongue-in-cheek and not so seriously. I think the book was well written and illustrated. The section on Ben Burtt and his background was quite informative and eye (or is it ear?) opening!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: A long time ago in a thread far, far away...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I didn't find it "Star Trek-ish" at all because it was done so tongue-in-cheek and not so seriously.
    I don't think it's Trekkish either. I htink it can get trekkish I a person starts speaking the languages in actual conversations an taking it seriously.