Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want em!

Hybrid View

Unhappy I want em!

I wasn't alive when the Vintage figs were out, so I have only a few. I want the Imperial Shuttle so bad though! Boo hoo hoo!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Who doesn't need that?

GNT™
    ''You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi. Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I've wanted a vintage A-Wing since I first saw adds for it in the ROTJ toy catalogs, but it was just too hard to find.

About three months ago I pretty much became determined to get one so I called up Brians Toys and worked a trade. When I told the guy at the store all I had to trade was loose POTF2, Ep1 and POTJ figures I actually heard him groan. Nevertheless, I nickel and dimed the price down to $60!!

Now I am the proud owner of a Vintage A-Wing!!!

So if you want a Shuttle bad enough that you're willing to give up a substantial part of your collection then I say do it!

One warning, if you do make a sacrifice like this then it had better be for the best condition toy you can find even if it costs substantially more. The last thing you want is one poor condition toy and a ton of regrets.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I've got one. Tee hee.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I have a painful story to relate about the vintage Shuttle. At work I have a friend who collected Star Wars just before the cancellation of the ROTJ line, so he had all the figures and vehicles and an Imperial Shuttle! He told me he still had it and when I expressed interest in buying it he said he'd call his brother to see about mailing it. I offered him $100, but he said he would feel guilty about taking that much and he only wanted $20!! Two days later when I asked about it again he told me that he had talked to his brother but he was too late. His brother had already thrown away all of their toys including the shuttle.

Now if you'll excuse me I must go sob into my pillow...

I was alive when the Vintage line was new. Alive and happy to be able to pick up all the vehicles I wanted without them being "exclusives." I understand that if stores like Target didn't get these as exclusives, Hasbro would have to manufacture them and sell them through the fan club to the only consumers currently buying them anyway; collectors.

Now there's a thought.

I want many things too. I want the remaining POTF coins I need, Bib Fortuna, Leia Boussh, and the 63rd Up-Lifted saber. I want VLIX. I want a vinyl cape Jawa. I want a telescoping Ben and Vader. I want the Droids and Ewoks prototypes. I want alot.

I do have a Imperial Shuttle and an A-wing though. Sadly, I do not have a Sandcrawler and want one of those too.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

My next goal is a perfect vintage Millenium Falcon. One that's complete. I'll probably have to buy one MISB just so I can rest assured that no one else's grubby paws have touched it but mine.

My brother has a skiff, and I want one of those too.

Oh man Bigbarada, so close!! yet so far

All I want for vintage is many Emperor Royal Guards and Biker Scouts.

I have 3 ROTJ Biker Scouts so far but no ERG. So hard to find these things nowadays

Angry Grrrrrrrrr......

POODOO!!!!! ARG ARG ARG! POODOO!!!!!!!!! Unlucky me! STUPID STUPID STUPID! oh yeah, it's only a toy. Well I probably will never get one...........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower