Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Greeata's "Skin"

DISCLAIMER: I love the original star wars movies. I like George Lucas. I also like the special editions.

I do however have a bother that I'd like to discuss here...

This is something that has always bothered me. . . Greeata's skin looks SO fake! It looks exactly like what it is, CLOTH, with clothlike wrinkles and all. Not at all how any type of skin, alien, human or animal looks when it bends and moves. So, if one of GL's main purposes was to make the films have a better quality about them, to make them look better, have a more "real" feel to them, then why on earth did he allow that female rodian cloth creature on the set??? I just GOOFAW at that costume everytime I see it!!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Maybe that's what their skin really looks like. How many other unclothed Rodians have did you seen?

PS: Look for the original Sy Snootles in that scene and maybe you'll forget about Greeta.
    "Dance your asteroids off..."

Cloth? Really? I guess I remember it as looking too rubbery, and still quite fake. Maybe I'm confusing it with the action figure?

I'll have to look again.

If it is cloth, I bet they used it because it was quicker than making a QUALITY rubber costume . . . maybe they were in a hurry to get that scene in the can.

Hmmm. I always thought it was clothing she was wearing, and just had the orange top & bottom over the green clothing. Looking at the Visual Dictionary it does look kinda like a body suit.

I always just thought it looked like an ill-fitting rubber suit.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think it was a rubber suit and unfortunately looks very much like that.

BTW, I'll take that herky-jerky Sy puppet over the "kissing the lens" CG version any day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

you and me both!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Han was on his way to pay Jabba back, but he got a little sidetracked. It's not his fault.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Han was on his way to pay Jabba back, but he got a little sidetracked. It's not his fault.

Say, that's not a bad bit of writing!

Originally posted by Caesar

It was R2's fault for getting blasted, see if he had had those mondo-blasters installed instead of the rocket boosters he would've been able to take down Vader!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"