Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

R2 D2 Droid Factory Flight

I'm not one to complain about the action figures. I'm generally just happy that Hasbro is still making them, though I wish they'd fill out some of the as yet unmade characters...

However, I just got this new R2 Droid Factory Flight and

I've seen funny faces, weird poses, and dumb-action features, but this figure is just plain awful. The flying action feature I don't mind, but why couldn't they integrate it within a figure sculpt that doesn't look like it came out of a cereal box?

I made that cereal box comment a couple weeks ago!

At least we are both on the same page with this piece of crap. I painted the missing line around the dome and painted the eyeport black. It's better now, but why is the dome so squarish on one half and roundish on the "face" half? Why did they sculpt the details in the torso so badly? I mean had this sculptor ever actually SEEN Artoo-Detoo?

I've never seen such a P***-poor excuse for a figure since before the Episode I line!!! I'm glad this isn't the first and only Artoo figure we've ever gotten. Please, folks, pay attention and don't just put junk out on the market. It won't affect you in the short run, but I can guarantee it WILL affect you in the long run.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I just so happen to seen two last night, and that it looked pretty bad. I saw a string of some kind sticking out of his crotch . Maybe the kids will like him, although they are not that dumb.
    "May the force be with you, always"

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I made that cereal box comment a couple weeks ago!

At least we are both on the same page with this piece of crap. I painted the missing line around the dome and painted the eyeport black. It's better now, but why is the dome so squarish on one half and roundish on the "face" half? Why did they sculpt the details in the torso so badly? I mean had this sculptor ever actually SEEN Artoo-Detoo?

I've never seen such a P***-poor excuse for a figure since before the Episode I line!!! I'm glad this isn't the first and only Artoo figure we've ever gotten. Please, folks, pay attention and don't just put junk out on the market. It won't affect you in the short run, but I can guarantee it WILL affect you in the long run.
    Sorry 'bout that. I searched for a previous thread on this R2 but didn't see one.

Funny, because just before I read this, I was thinking to myself your exact words above: What a "P*** poor excuse for a figure".

Originally posted by JediBrian
    Well Amy has the right idea guys. I am not just kissing her butt cause she is a girl. LOL. I mean she looked through the bubble at the store, which is see-through. She saw that it was ugly and didn't get it. Why did you buy it if it is so ugly? Common sense fellas, common sense. I like the new Artoo. At least it's different. And you can attach is 3PO's head to the magnet which is fun.
    KEBco One of Every Figure Club.

Indeed. Actually it DOES look like a toy that came as a gimmick - it looks like the Taco Bell R2 from '95! Well more figure scale of course, and doesn't open to reveal a Leia figurine like that one did, but it really reminds me off it cause they both have immobile legs and are about the same detail level... And yet the Taco Bell R2 was better, I mean it came with a Leia figurine that was pretty much Leia's accurate 3 3/4" height when POTF2 Leia was HTF!

Though I was able to tuck the string into him and the two ends stay in their spots pretty well, he's an ok background droid if you don't mind keeping the third leg down when he's just standing there.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I took mine out of the package, couldn't get the knot undone, and it ended up breaking. I tied the pieces of string together in a knot, and it slid through fine. 2nd time, it got hung up in R2's innards, snapped off inside and now the top piece is hanging out loose, and the bottom is disconnected.....

I have problems/issues with this entire wave.... but I guess I'm not alone.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Originally posted by stillakid
    KEBco One of Every Figure Club.
    Precisely... :happy:
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yes I too received mine through the KEBco one of every figure club. But it is not their fault the figure is terrible!
    May the force be with You!!!!!

I felt I should buy one - I have one of each figure too, I didn't even bother to open it for 2 weeks though (unheard of for me). So I opened it yesterday - big waste of time.

That said I like the rockets, just not the string, legs, head etc.

He's currently on display just cos he's new, but will soon be languishing in a box with certain other figures I never look at.

Has to be the lamest figure since before EpI