(Yes, I just had to parody EP's title for the Batman thread, in case anyone's wondering.)

Dreamwave's official site has an short article and some pictures from the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic. Though it's being produced by Dreamwave and is supposed to be in more or less the same continuity as the horrible new cartoon, I'm excited about this because it's written by Peter (The Incredible Hulk, Aquaman, "Skippy the Jedi Droid") David, bywhom I have yet to read a story that was less than excellent!

I'm wondering, though, what's the status of the original TMNT? Eastman and Laird more or less sold their creations out about 10-15 years ago, resulting in a stream of lackluster stories only briefly interrupted by E&L's "City Under Siege" storyline (which ended the inital Mirage Studios series) and Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon crossover. The last I saw of them, about 3-4 years back, they were being published by Image. Raphael was missing an eye and wore the late Shredder's armor, Casey and April were married, Donatello had to wear a cybernetic exoskeleton, Leonardo was still missing a hand, and Mikey was still Mikey. Okay, come to think of it, maybe it's better that that continuity finally faded away.